Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Round of 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think France will get to the final from this half. I think I've reached "grumpy old man" status now, though, because no one side in this tournament has impressed me.

I don't thnk the standard is all that. Hence, England are well in with a chance.
No team look to be totally convincing front to back. Most have a weak point or are reliant on one or two key individuals for magic.

Can't rule out the Germans on home soil either.

Spain often have 10 players in the opposition half. They are prepared to risk the counter attack to win. I applaud them for that. Risky, but confident in their own ability.

Still want Georgia to win though.

No team look to be totally convincing front to back. Most have a weak point or are reliant on one or two key individuals for magic.

Can't rule out the Germans on home soil either.
Well, I'm ruling them out. From winning it all, that is. I could see them exploding this Spanish bubble or even beating the French, but I can't see them doing both - and they have to to reach the final (barring an intervention from Belgium or Portugal).

The UK media in general... I'm sure they had already started printing tomorrow's headline's before that wonder goal. 🙄
I despise the way Lineker and co wants to sort of cheerlead the party when he's gone on record calling their performances "sh1.t". At some point, a moment of silence from the likes of him would be more appreciated.

I mean, you can be pleased England won - while being appalled at how difficult it was to beat a deeply limited side like that today who have only a fraction of their resources.

I’m not doing this again but they literally were not, they went out in this exact match to Iceland.

They’ll beat Switzerland and Southgate will have half of England’s all time semifinals. If they don’t win you and others will act like he accomplished nothing.
What exactly has he accomplished? England before him had one stinking result and a bad tournament qualification in 08. Outside of that they always got knocked out by a really good side. The same way every time Southgate runs into a good side they get knocked out

What exactly has he accomplished? England before him had one stinking result and a bad tournament qualification in 08. Outside of that they always got knocked out by a really good side. The same way every time Southgate runs into a good side they get knocked out
Two stinkers in a row, Iceland and you gone out in group 2014 with Costa Rica going through

They went out in 2010 because they messed up a winnable group. They went out in 2014 because they lost a group that Costa Rica won.

I really can’t believe how many people want to fight on whether England are showing more consistency with advancing under Southgate than they did before. He’s now won more knockout ties than England did post-1966 to his taking over. This is unprecedented for England!

Two stinkers in a row, Iceland and you gone out in group 2014 with Costa Rica going through
2014 we were in the group of death with a very good Uruguay side, a good italy side and the outsiders Costa Rica. Costa Rica rightly went through they were a surprisingly good side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back