Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Round of 8 (AKA The Quarter-Finals)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hqdefault.jpg

"Only in France could this man be a sex symbol."
Well it looks like something was going for him.

I always thought you weren't allowed to stop during your penalty run up. He stopped twice, one was pretty dam clear.
You have to maintain some forward momentum. Looked to me like he fully stopped once. Refs never call it though.

The penalty taker mustn't feint kicking the ball at the end of their run up. There's nothing in the laws about continuous motion or stopping during their approach to the ball.

France-England final for me.

The two most boring sides in the final will confirm that this has been an abysmal tournament.

I was unwell yesterday, sickness bug, probably something I ate. Battled falling asleep to watch Portugal v. France.

Not certain why I bothered. Must be some residual idea that international teams with serious intentions of winning tournaments play attacking football.

They don't.

Sub-par managers, terrified of upsetting absolute megalomaniac players, mostly who look to be there on reputation alone.

The amount of cynical, systematic and largely unpunished fouling is destroying any spectacle there might be.

Abysmal tournament, the best part was when it rained for a bit in a Denmark game.

Spain IMO are not getting enough credit for what they did yesterday. They weathered that German battering and still found the strength to come out and get the winner at the death. Showed a lot of character although they did go a bit England in the lead up to Germany's equaliser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back