Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Round of 8 (AKA The Quarter-Finals)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the Georgia - Turkiye game was a breath of fresh air. Have championed Georgia since. The wide eyed glee and enthusiasm with which they have approached the finals have been a credit to them.

And who can't fall in love with this...
1720274641312.webp

Switzerland 2-1 England.
I know I should really wait until after the match, but I can't resist it. :)

giphy.webp

giphy.webp

At least it’s a balanced team from Gareth. For me the biggest problem was trying to hold the width on the left with a player that doesn’t use his left foot.

Is it just assumed now because of some press rumours that this is 3421? Because as far as I can see that could just be the same 433 but with Konsa straight swap for Guehi?

Screenshot 2024-07-06 at 16.01.47.webp

Only thing that could backfire is the Swiss are used to this system whereas Southgate is throwing the dice.

Should have come into the tournament with a back three or players playing in their natural position at least.

It would make sense, surely, to match the Swiss’ 3-4-2-1. Otherwise, I fear a meek defeat.
Yeah it may well do, just think it's interesting that everyone is assuming a big change of system when all that's happened is one CB coming in for another. If they've briefed it's a change it could easily be a bluff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back