Royston Drenthe

Status
Not open for further replies.
right lets clear this thread up , with some common sense Barkley has been injured only just back, and get this he isnt ready just yet to carry a team in the prem infact looking at the times he has played he is raw as fook and his giving away or wrong passing hasn't gone unnoticed , plus the payment due on his contract if he plays is another issue.
As for royston he has been late for training and lets say a bit under the weather, if we wanted to sign him permanent his wage demands would be sky high ,no fee other than a signing on fee to him and mega wages make him to rich for club with billy bollocks in charge, so there will be stories coming out all over the place to sweeten the blow when he goes, its the everton way, every man and his dog knows whats going on
No one is expecting him to carry the team. Everyone defending Moyes' decisions thinks people like me want Barkley to be captain and first name on the team sheet. We don't. We just want to see more of him. If he's this fantastic talent that everyone at the club is saying he is then why hasn't he been on the pitch since November when he got 10 minutes in a game we were winning 2-0? He's been injured for a while now, but prior to that injury he wasn't even on the bench when we had Neville and Heitinga in midfield.

Haha .

Small Steps , Lid . Long Road ...

You GOTTA WANT IT though , Dude ....

I dunno whether you did or not ...???

Haha . Whatever Rings Your Bells , Lad .

I respect it though . It CAN get its claws in , but I think I'm OK this time ....

Im in F.A. Forums Anonymous . There IS light at the end of the tunnel , Braaaaaaaaaaa ...

Haha

you're too loved up with twitter now fella!!!
#preachtothemasses
Hahaha

Haha .

Small Steps , Lid . Long Road ...

You GOTTA WANT IT though , Dude ....

I dunno whether you did or not ...???

Haha . Whatever Rings Your Bells , Lad .

I respect it though . It CAN get its claws in , but I think I'm OK this time ....

Im in F.A. Forums Anonymous . There IS light at the end of the tunnel , Braaaaaaaaaaa ...

Haha

Fair enough lad.

Admittedly the charm of this place isn't quite what it was, but so long as I'm a blue with a massive gob I'll always need somewhere to vent!

No one is expecting him to carry the team. Everyone defending Moyes' decisions thinks people like me want Barkley to be captain and first name on the team sheet. We don't. We just want to see more of him. If he's this fantastic talent that everyone at the club is saying he is then why hasn't he been on the pitch since November when he got 10 minutes in a game we were winning 2-0? He's been injured for a while now, but prior to that injury he wasn't even on the bench when we had Neville and Heitinga in midfield.

Exactly.

Plus, misplaced passes!? Seriously!? It's not a fair comparison when midfield dwellers like Neville only pass 5 yards, or hoof it. And hoofing it out for a throw in or goal kick is still losing possession.

Things are more likely to not come off when they're ambitious. That's obvious. Barkley is ambitious and so not everything will work. But you don't win games or evens score goals if all you do is pass to the side and smack it up to an isolated front man. That might explain why we've scored about 3 goals all season.

Speak for yourself lad. Team should be:

Howard
Hibbert Barkley Barkley Baines
Barkley Barkley Green Barkley
Barkley Barkley (c)​

I'm about confused about this Barkley thing. Can anyone clear it up for the lads on here?

cheers

x

i think the general gist of things are, the boy is undoubtedly talented but he's far from ready for regular run in first team and Royston won't be signed permanently cos he's got a poor attitude, which is a bad example to the likes of young Ross, if he's seen to be played every game whilst slacking off. I think.

saw him as a youngster at AJAX with Babbel the lad at spurs van something or other, thought he was gonna be something special but then never heard about him until he came to us on loan, he's just one of those guys who's got the lot but don't know what to do with it, is absolutely amazing in training i guess, but on the pitch in a match can just show a small amount of his true skill.

If drenthe has an attitude and discipline problems you have to let him go. Fergie wouldn't take someone like that nor should we. High wages aswell?...nah no thanks.

Barkley I thought would be seeing more action by now but I suppose injuries and still learning coupled with a first team playing awful and out of form has not made it easy to get him in the team more. I don't believe he could play CM for us at the moment anyway (covering injuries) positional wise... Plus he's a ACM playmaker IMO and needs to be getting playing time there were he doesn't have defensive responsibilities and can just have a free role.

Can't wait for Barkley tho. Shame is I would of loved to have seen:
Donovan Barkley pienaar
As the 3 behind the striker!

i think the general gist of things are, the boy is undoubtedly talented but he's far from ready for regular run in first team and Royston won't be signed permanently cos he's got a poor attitude, which is a bad example to the likes of young Ross, if he's seen to be played every game whilst slacking off. I think.

Cheers Tommye.

If drenthe has an attitude and discipline problems you have to let him go. Fergie wouldn't take someone like that nor should we. High wages aswell?...nah no thanks.

Barkley I thought would be seeing more action by now but I suppose injuries and still learning coupled with a first team playing awful and out of form has not made it easy to get him in the team more. I don't believe he could play CM for us at the moment anyway (covering injuries) positional wise... Plus he's a ACM playmaker IMO and needs to be getting playing time there were he doesn't have defensive responsibilities and can just have a free role.

Donovan Barkley pienaar

Fergie has had his bad eggs and dealt with them to perform on the pitch.

If you've got talent, a good manager makes them perform and deals with the baggage behind closed doors

If Messi was a bell end and we had a chance to sign him...Moyes would really think hard about it rather than buying

saw him as a youngster at AJAX with Babbel the lad at spurs van something or other, thought he was gonna be something special but then never heard about him until he came to us on loan, he's just one of those guys who's got the lot but don't know what to do with it, is absolutely amazing in training i guess, but on the pitch in a match can just show a small amount of his true skill.

Hes never played for Ajax.

Donovan Barkley pienaar

1. Fergie can afford to pick and choose, we can't.
2. It's not even really true. Ferguson has taken lots of mardy players on and made them give their all for United. Not signing anybody because we can't be arsed to help mature a player is stupidity.

Fair enough lad.

Admittedly the charm of this place isn't quite what it was, but so long as I'm a blue with a massive gob I'll always need somewhere to vent!

Exactly.

Plus, misplaced passes!? Seriously!? It's not a fair comparison when midfield dwellers like Neville only pass 5 yards, or hoof it. And hoofing it out for a throw in or goal kick is still losing possession.

Things are more likely to not come off when they're ambitious. That's obvious. Barkley is ambitious and so not everything will work. But you don't win games or evens score goals if all you do is pass to the side and smack it up to an isolated front man. That might explain why we've scored about 3 goals all season.

Exactly mate , good shout 

James Vaughn was raw, Victor Anichebe is raw, Dennis Straqularsi is raw , Jose Baxter is raw , Ross Barkley is a super talent who should be playing for EFC, the only 2 occasions he's played the full game he was our best player by a mile, the kid tore Werder Breman to bits in pre season on his own , talent like this is too good to be sitting on the bench in a below average team, trust me Edge I promise you mate
dont get me wrong xavi i rate the kid, and after seeing neville lately he deserves a shout, but it would be a big risk for the kid at the moment we are playing crap and he would have alot on young shoulders it could set him back. plus it s the contract thing as well i dont think we will be seeing him anytime soon ,id love to see him have ago and do well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back