Rugby World Cup 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The world's changed. In the 70s especially when they had their great teams structural pillars of Welsh society like the mines, the steelworks, nonconformism bred a unity of outlook and purpose and rugby union represented that.

Working class there as opposed to elsewhere in the British Isles.

That environment doesn't exist anymore.
Great post.

Great bunch of lads.

Apparently Bongi said “Wit Kant”… which in Afrikaans actually means “white side”.. communicating where the ball went out..
Kant is pronounced the same as one of the favourite English swearwords. Let’s see how it plays out before assuming anything.

The early subbing off on Saturday of several big names by SA means the squad won't be as knackered physically as it might have been. So I reckon it's all systems go for the Boks and I expect them to win the cup again.

Apparently Bongi said “Wit Kant”… which in Afrikaans actually means “white side”.. communicating where the ball went out..
Kant is pronounced the same as one of the favourite English swearwords. Let’s see how it plays out before assuming anything.
I can’t see this going anywhere . Racism has no part in any sport, but it would seem less likely from a SA team built over the years on racial integration.
Back to the rugby aspect , it was a massive gamble from Rassie to replace Marx with Pollard and leave them with only Fourie as Hooker cover, so far it’s paid off . You’d expect another 80 min shift from Bongi on Saturday.

The springbores going for a 7-1 split on the bench, erasmus is the worst thing to ever happen to rugby
Rassie : “ But I’m not the coach……”.
I’m fine with the 7:1 split , I don’t see anything wrong in a team playing to their obvious strengths, the scrums from “ marks” and Etzebeth’s try against France were innovative and only SA could do those . The All Blacks have some canny coaches of their own so no doubt they’ll be plotting to take advantage of this and try to shift momentum to the excellent replacement backs the ABs have. Their key could be avoiding the forward based arm wrestle that’s expected, as I think the ABs back line just shade it over SA’s .

It’s good to see that at least the all blacks have improved on the haka…
Boss-Morris-GIF.gif

Expect England to kick every opportunity to pressurise Argentina into mistake, England force a try middle to 3/4 of the way through first half. Argentina handling errors and penalties to wrap it up around 50-60 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back