Rugby World Cup 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Quite like this analysis, in short SA and erasmus with his fake 'im not the coach' role are bad for the sport.

Come on all blacks

I am unusually sanguine about the result next week: I think the ABs have a multidimensionality to their game as to flummox the Boks. But if I am wrong, I shan't be overwrought around matters: c'est la vie.

Ireland and France last week and England this week: southern hemisphere teams have proven that the last thing to go is self-belief. The Springboks especially against France and then tonight had no right to win those games but did.

It's not my game like so what do I know, but it seems to me that the ability of the northern hemisphere teams are now on a par or even superior to the SAs and ABs (and well ahead currently of Australia). But the Springboks and All Blacks whole identity is built round Rugby Union and beating them when it matters is one of the toughest jobs in world sport.
There is an aura around the All Blacks and Springboks sides. The Springboks spoke about winning is not for them or personal glory but about pleasing the nation back home. I sense the same from the All Blacks. The players have huge responsibilities whenever they pull on the famous jerseys and rather than the weight of expectation hindering them, they seem to thrive on it.

I am unusually sanguine about the result next week: I think the ABs have a multidimensionality to their game as to flummox the Boks. But if I am wrong, I shan't be overwrought around matters: c'est la vie.
Now is not the time for such nonpartisanship, yes we can all agree that this is the lesser form of rugby, of course we all know this. But I have been to both nations, walked among its people, this is a battle between good and evil.

Come on All Blacks

There is an aura around the All Blacks and Springboks sides. The Springboks spoke about winning is not for them or personal glory but about pleasing the nation back home. I sense the same from the All Blacks. The players have huge responsibilities whenever they pull on the famous jerseys and rather than the weight of expectation hindering them, they seem to thrive on it.
Years ago it's why the Welsh were so good. Basically it defined them as a nation and their players had a lot of responsibility they took onto the pitch.

Now is not the time for such nonpartisanship, yes we can all agree that this is the lesser form of rugby, of course we all know this. But I have been to both nations, walked among its people, this is a battle between good and evil.

Come on All Blacks
hmmm...yes mate, ok

Quite like this analysis, in short SA and erasmus with his fake 'im not the coach' role are bad for the sport.

Come on all blacks

Grey haired dude annoyed cos SA play to their strengths in the most affective way to win games. He was right about a few things of course. Chap on his right was spot on in his view.

Funny.. he calls out France yet they have kicked as much if not more than SA going to before this World Cup. SA scored more tries than France in that game and scored the only try against England once they were able to get a foothold after Ox and Koch teamed up.
This guy hasn’t noticed SA have evolved since 2019 v Wales .. and ignores the talent they have across the back line.

Not trying to sound controversial but between France and Ireland matches I thought France were far stronger. We lost to Ireland but for me it came down to bad decision making and shocking kicks for posts. Two things I felt we would correct. I felt more fear from this England game than I did if we had met Ireland again.
England 100% deserved the win but in the end, England at their best couldn’t beat SA who were at their worst in this World Cup.

Finally, some sport. England vs Tonga (Rugby league - live from St Helens), was going through withdrawal after the feasts of the previous weekends.
You’ll be able to enjoy a game where players don’t run with their heads down and ready to fall over before contact. Be able to enjoy wingers and centres not blowing after touching the ball for 5 times in 80 minutes. Hopefully it’s a full 80 minutes of enjoyment and not top tier nations waiting for the last 10 minutes to decide a game.

You’ll be able to enjoy a game where players don’t run with their heads down and ready to fall over before contact. Be able to enjoy wingers and centres not blowing after touching the ball for 5 times in 80 minutes. Hopefully it’s a full 80 minutes of enjoyment and not top tier nations waiting for the last 10 minutes to decide a game.
The only beer belly involved today is mine ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back