Rugby World Cup 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing night actually because I think Ireland beats that SA side again next week.

We were just 'off' last week but hey ho.
I know it's all about results, but Ireland were the best team in this competition.

The All Blacks will win this now and they had a massive amount of fortune that Ireland didn't put them away last week. Only that fantastic bit of Jordie Barrett defending stops this being Ireland v S.A. ...and the Irish would have beaten them.

Ireland and France last week and England this week: southern hemisphere teams have proven that the last thing to go is self-belief. The Springboks especially against France and then tonight had no right to win those games but did.

It's not my game like so what do I know, but it seems to me that the ability of the northern hemisphere teams are now on a par or even superior to the SAs and ABs (and well ahead currently of Australia). But the Springboks and All Blacks whole identity is built round Rugby Union and beating them when it matters is one of the toughest jobs in world sport.

Ireland and France last week and England this week: southern hemisphere teams have proven that the last thing to go is self-belief. The Springboks especially against France and then tonight had no right to win those games but did.

It's not my game like so what do I know, but it seems to me that the ability of the northern hemisphere teams are now on a par or even superior to the SAs and ABs (and well ahead currently of Australia). But the Springboks and All Blacks whole identity is built round Rugby Union and beating them when it matters is one of the toughest jobs in world sport.
Dont do yourself down mate, you're an expert in everything( well almost, just a poor tipster) 🤣

South Africa should win this tournament. NZ are a shadow of their former selves and we are solely reliant on sheep for our mere existence. If there had been an Irishman reffing our semifinal, we would not have made it past Argentina. The final should have been a NH affair...the two best teams were out at the quarters: in no rational universe of moneyed sport should NZ and South Africa contest a final. I can only hope Saudi Arabi and UAE start directing national funds into this game....so the true champions can emerge....as it does in competitions like the EPL, and Champions League.

Davek...you are a maven. No one on any global social media platform possesses the wherewithal and pinpoint acumen and perspicacity that you have title toward. I follow all your recommended measures and predicted outcomes like any true acolyte. Yes, I have lost my home and business, but under the bridge I am presently camped, I can get some sketchy WiFi....and so continue to put money on all your calls.

South Africa should win this tournament. NZ are a shadow of their former selves and we are solely reliant on sheep for our mere existence. If there had been an Irishman reffing our semifinal, we would not have made it past Argentina. The final should have been a NH affair...the two best teams were out at the quarters: in no rational universe of moneyed sport should NZ and South Africa contest a final. I can only hope Saudi Arabi and UAE start directing national funds into this game....so the true champions can emerge....as it does in competitions like the EPL, and Champions League.
....oh, and the derby...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back