Rumour: New badge for next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that it's on letters sort of proves that this is at least being considered for the next badge. No chance they'd have this on things like envelopes and club memorabilia leaflets, and not the kit.

There is. The tower and laurels have been on the badge for nearly 40 years.

Yes, I know, but I'm talking about the whole thing. Just go back over this thread and there must be at least a dozen
different badge designs on here. And even the Tower and laurels keep changing in shape and appearance.

It seems to come down to the ones who don't like 'EVERTON' on it because everybody knows, or should know who we are, and
those who do like it. Some people want the Liver Birds in there somewhere.

I think it's clear it will be the new badge and we'll just have to accept it, it probably won't even be revealed for ages till the new shirts come out a week before the new season as usual. I know someone who worked on the Le Coq 'home to roost' thing, he doesn't know about the new badge but he says it's all to do with digital branding, a more simplified badge like this is easier for the club to reproduce on stuff, that's the same reason Arsenal changed theirs, Chelsea likewise. More clubs will follow suit

They really need to listen to supporters on this one, it's f*cking awful. I haven't spoken to a single person that likes it yet.

I think it's clear it will be the new badge and we'll just have to accept it, it probably won't even be revealed for ages till the new shirts come out a week before the new season as usual. I know someone who worked on the Le Coq 'home to roost' thing, he doesn't know about the new badge but he says it's all to do with digital branding, a more simplified badge like this is easier for the club to reproduce on stuff, that's the same reason Arsenal changed theirs, Chelsea likewise. More clubs will follow suit

Will we? Why?

This is what annoys me about Everton as a fanbase. If something blatantly stupid or crap happens, we "stiff upper lip" about it.

Bollocks to that. Boycott the damn thing; we're the people who ensure the club exists, if they're doing something that isn't to our standards and it is reasonable to expect it not to happen, then we have the ability to change it.

It really is quite simple - if we don't buy the thing, this doesn't happen.

Absolute joke, if that is on an Everton shirt next season then we have to tell them that it isn't on. I for one will not buy a shirt with that monstrosity on.

Absolute joke Everton

Will we? Why?

This is what annoys me about Everton as a fanbase. If something blatantly stupid or crap happens, we "stiff upper lip" about it.

Bollocks to that. Boycott the damn thing; we're the people who ensure the club exists, if they're doing something that isn't to our standards and it is reasonable to expect it not to happen, then we have the ability to change it.

Oh dear..another football supporter with an exaggerated idea of his own importance.(Not just you mate..there are thousands, probably millions like you)

Will we? Why?

You have to wonder just how far the club would have to [Poor language removed] up before our fans would think 'lets do something'.

'It's tough that we're in the Championship playing in red, but it also gives us a chance to rebuild and come back stronger'

Oh dear..another football supporter with an exaggerated idea of his own importance.(Not just you mate..there are thousands, probably millions like you)

:lol:

No, it's from working in a marketing environment and being fully aware of the importance of PR.

If a grass roots campaign started to boycott this kit, it'd grow apace and have a meaningful impact on sales, which means the club would have to do something to address that as it's a core means of revenue.

Funny thing is, you probably don't understand the irony of the bold bit above. That's exactly the point - there are thousands, probably millions just like me. That's literally the whole point of ensuring a successful PR and marketing strategy - you want to appease the majority with any decision so as to boost sales. Think about it logically - if nobody likes the thing, nobody is going to buy the thing, so it's crucial to take on collective feedback and adjust your plan accordingly.

Let me put it this way - if I were on the Everton marketing team right now, I'd have someone dedicated to a forum like this and reporting back on key issues. Once they saw a thread like this, they'd monitor it, and the moment any movement to stop this happening became militant, they'd revise their strategy. Same with social media etc.

Indeed, they do. You'd have to be massively naive to believe Everton don't read GrandOldTeam for the exact reasons detailed above. They'd be mind-boggling stupid not to - that's why we get the legal warnings re: the badge every six months.

Wow.

So if the thousands or millions like him all stop giving money to their respective clubs, will their importance still be self inflated?

Football clubs don't exist to provide a living for millionaire twenty-somethings, they exist to provide entertainment for a paying public.

Tubey and the thousands or millions like him are more important to any football club than any Ronaldo, Messi or Falcao. Or Fellaini, Baines or Mucha if you prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back