Russia / Everton

Are we in trouble?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The West are nuts.

I watched an ex-British General on Newsnight last night advocating a no fly zone over Ukraine and the use if necessary of nuclear weapons.

That divvy Truss has been advocating a NATO invasion that would trigger the same thing.

Everton's investment at this stage is a minor consideration I suppose.
Steady on

I think Usmanov still owns 30% of Arsenal.

From memory Moshiri and Usmanov owned the 30% between them (red and white (and blue lol) holdings, then Usmanov bought Moshiri’s half.

With the money Moshiri got for selling his share to his mate, he bought Everton.

Didn’t Usmanov then sell his stake to the guy who owned the rest of Arsenal.

I remember us all getting excited that Usmanov would then plough his dough into Everton but it didn’t actually happen… officially.

Didn’t Usmanov then sell his stake to the guy who owned the rest of Arsenal.

I remember us all getting excited that Usmanov would then plough his dough into Everton but it didn’t actually happen… officially.

You’re spot on mate, I just checked and he agreed to sell his shares in arsenal back in 2018 for £500m plus. Looks like it went through.

Thankfully I imagine things will simmer down in Ukraine in the coming days.

Cant see Russia lasting much further with these sanctions on the banks etc.
The “war” may well come to a conclusion at some point, but the guerilla warfare that will follow could go on for years! The sanctions are going to be in place for a long time yet!

That would be great news, but I think either Putin has lost his mind or he is going all in.

This will be probably seriously be the biggest ever u-turn in history if he backs down now.
I think both are possibly true, I fear he ain’t backing down!

You underestimate the ambition of the Russian megalomaniac.
The bloke’s bonkers, deluded and very dangerous!

The “war” may well come to a conclusion at some point, but the guerilla warfare that will follow could go on for years! The sanctions are going to be in place for a long time yet!

I think both are possibly true, I fear he ain’t backing down!

The bloke’s bonkers, deluded and very dangerous!
Putin is about to launch his Chechen playbook.

This gets really ugly really quickly.

Well we seem to have a £30 million naming rights deal with Usmanov, which presumably was where we were getting some of the money to build the stadium.

Everton link
Wasn't that a one off payment that's already happened as "first refusal" for the naming rights? which obviously would've been added to later and way over the odds, but we'll be able to get some naming rights from someone (in the hypothetical event of stadium funding coming from elsewhere).

I think the big issue is his bankrolling of Moshiri, and not the sponsorship deals as such. Especially if the 5 year USM deal started in 2017 hasn't been extended

Putin is about to launch his Chechen playbook.

This gets really ugly really quickly.
Indeed.

Ukraine, by comparison to Chechyna, is an adjacent neighbour to the EU. Cultural, political, religious histories would be infitely more aligned than was the case in Chechyna. Plus everything is visible via social media and commercial sattelites now. Ukraine are further today seeking to gain emergency EU membership (another Vlad red line crossed). He has also warned EU countries that munitions in transit to Ukraine are targets regardless of where they are.

If Putin does take that path, there will be calls for escalation in the EU by the coming weekend. That will be truly FUBAR stage.

I agree.
The guy is getting backed into a corner. There is no way he’s not going down without one last assault against humanity.

The guy is absolutey nuts.
Anyone with any sense will be onto this at the weekend. Neither NATO or Russia...Washington or Moscow....while we all still have a chance....

stop the war.jpg

Ukrainian journo giving it everything at Boris Johnson today saying the Abramovich's children live peacefully in London, Putin's kids in Holland and Germany while Ukrainians kids are being bombed, she broke down in the end, Johnson looked visibly shaken.

Abramovich is getting it from all over in the UK media.

People like her want escalation. That is going to kill us all.

Never mind investment and a football club, there'd be nothing left at all but a mushroom cloud if she had her wishes granted about no fly zones and boots on the ground intervention.

Status
Not open for further replies.