Russia / Everton

Are we in trouble?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Kind of mind blowing after all those years of reading delusional nonsense in the Moyes/Martinez eras that I would come back to see something so delusional it tops it all.

The certainty that we are now doomed is not a fact that the people who disagree with you believe in right now.

The certainty that even if you’re right (which historically I know is not something we have to worry about) the fact you think we’d go back on it because of football is staggering and kind of sad. Licking Putins boots. Shocking. They’re supporting (financially) a literal war criminal committing war crimes right now in the real world. And you’re calling other people war mongers? Baffling.

We can survive this. We’re bigger than one recently arrived Oligarch scumbag. Everton mate.
They're all the same...both sides.

My concern is not with supporting one set of geo-political war criminal gangsters over another, it's investment for Everton.

I agree.
The guy is getting backed into a corner. There is no way he’s not going down without one last assault against humanity.

The guy is absolutey nuts.
The West are nuts.

I watched an ex-British General on Newsnight last night advocating a no fly zone over Ukraine and the use if necessary of nuclear weapons.

That divvy Truss has been advocating a NATO invasion that would trigger the same thing.

Everton's investment at this stage is a minor consideration I suppose.

We've known that this was coming for about 10 days yet it still appears beyond the wits of our Comms Team to have prepared so much as a holding/ distancing statement in advance.

12 hours after it was formally announced.......nothing.

We really are extraordinarily well run.
I think allowing the players to wear the Ukrainian flag was a statement of where we are as a community based club, in spite of Usmanov's links with Putin. As far as the business side of the club is concerned I am not sure what purpose a holding statement would serve. If Moshiri walks as a result of this there is nothing we can do about it - I would rather see us cut any links to this despicable regime entirely even if it damages or possibly leads to the demise of the club.

The West are nuts.

I watched an ex-British General on Newsnight last night advocating a no fly zone over Ukraine and the use if necessary of nuclear weapons.

That divvy Truss has been advocating a NATO invasion that would trigger the same thing.

Everton's investment at this stage is a minor consideration I suppose.

I suggest Putin being assassinated by special forces is more likely than the use of nuclear weapons.

Or one of his own being paid a princely sum by the west to do it.

I will admit to being somewhat confused by our ownership structure.

Are we propped up by dodgy Russian money or dodgy Iranian money?

Relegation, removal of investment and loss of stadium would be a fitting end to this nightmare season tbh.

We need a statement from moshiri advising if we are affected as a result of usmanovs sanctions. Because the future of the club depends on it

Maybe we now know why Arsenal didn’t want anything to do with Mosh & Usmanov.

Dirty money?

Billy Kenwright is gonna get lynched for this.

I think Usmanov still owns 30% of Arsenal.

From memory Moshiri and Usmanov owned the 30% between them (red and white (and blue lol) holdings, then Usmanov bought Moshiri’s half.

With the money Moshiri got for selling his share to his mate, he bought Everton.

We need a statement from moshiri advising if we are affected as a result of usmanovs sanctions. Because the future of the club depends on it

The club have said the USM with sanctions is a different USM to the one involved in Everton.

Yes they really did say that. Worded like a “special military operation”.

Status
Not open for further replies.