Russia / Everton

Are we in trouble?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Inappropriate Language
I would like to state that I am entirely against one country beating the crap out of another, against the killing of innocent civilians and against power mad old farts having a ‘who’s got the biggest willie’ contest with their nukes.
but I am equally against the worlds media focussing entirely on Russian corruption and human rights attrocities, when not a word is said whenever Israel decides to bomb the [Poor language removed] out of Lebanon or Palestine in order to do a land grab? How many billionaire jews who prop up that countries war mongering are singled out by governments around the world? Ditto Saudi billionaires, ditto American billionaires who backed the invasion of Iraq etc. so they could get the rebuilding contracts?

So much self-righteousness being sloshed around at the minute, driven into a frenzy by the media which is (surprise, surprise) owned by those who have never been targetted as ‘oligarch’s themselves, despite being just as guilty as any of the Russians?

Reminds me of Caesar this Putin fella. Made himself so powerful that his inner circle are too scared to say anything for fear of reprisal after watching others fall foul of his temper, so they play along to protect their own mortality.
Hopefully with the Ides of March almost upon us once more a similar fate awaits Putin as what Caesar met and the world can return to some normality.

Caesar actually achieved something and was assassinated before he went completely off the rails.

Putin has achieved nothing spectacular and is well and truly off the rails already. We are living in very dangerous times.

I would like to state that I am entirely against one country beating the crap out of another, against the killing of innocent civilians and against power mad old farts having a ‘who’s got the biggest willie’ contest with their nukes.
but I am equally against the worlds media focussing entirely on Russian corruption and human rights attrocities, when not a word is said whenever Israel decides to bomb the [Poor language removed] out of Lebanon or Palestine in order to do a land grab? How many billionaire jews who prop up that countries war mongering are singled out by governments around the world? Ditto Saudi billionaires, ditto American billionaires who backed the invasion of Iraq etc. so they could get the rebuilding contracts?

So much self-righteousness being sloshed around at the minute, driven into a frenzy by the media which is (surprise, surprise) owned by those who have never been targetted as ‘oligarch’s themselves, despite being just as guilty as any of the Russians?

Your argument goes directly from criticism of Israel (a nation state) to rich Jews (a huge leap) to Saudis (big leap with no context) to rich Americans (big leap with no context) then finish with building contracts (strange conclusion with no explanation).

You say THE media (as if it’s a single entity) owned by those (who?) have never been targeted as oligarchs (do you know what that means btw?) despite their guilt (please expand because like the rest of your rant it makes no sense).

Your argument goes directly from criticism of Israel (a nation state) to rich Jews (a huge leap) to Saudis (big leap with no context) to rich Americans (big leap with no context) then finish with building contracts (strange conclusion with no explanation).

You say THE media (as if it’s a single entity) owned by those (who?) have never been targeted as oligarchs (do you know what that means btw?) despite their guilt (please expand because like the rest of your rant it makes no sense).
I think he explained his position quite clearly and in context as well. If you choose to not see that then you can't criticise.
Every part of his post is relevant and appropriate. The rank hypocrisy from governments and the media propaganda is more than unsettling.
The comparison against our, the West's, barbarism is lax. There is never this level of gravitas when our forces use depleted Uranium, or cluster bombs on innocent children in the middle east. Or the refugee's plight following intervensionism we carry out on behalf of vested corporate interests.
It's an ugly situation that begs the question as to why now is Abramovich, Usmanov's money 'suddenly' dirty?
Was Rumsfeld and Cheney's wealth seized after the behaviour of Blackwater?
It's all hypocritical. And just because it's 'us' mimicking 'their' behaviour doesn't make it right.

I think he explained his position quite clearly and in context as well. If you choose to not see that then you can't criticise.
Every part of his post is relevant and appropriate. The rank hypocrisy from governments and the media propaganda is more than unsettling.
The comparison against our, the West's, barbarism is lax. There is never this level of gravitas when our forces use depleted Uranium, or cluster bombs on innocent children in the middle east. Or the refugee's plight following intervensionism we carry out on behalf of vested corporate interests.
It's an ugly situation that begs the question as to why now is Abramovich, Usmanov's money 'suddenly' dirty?
Was Rumsfeld and Cheney's wealth seized after the behaviour of Blackwater?
It's all hypocritical. And just because it's 'us' mimicking 'their' behaviour doesn't make it right.

He didn’t explain it clearly at all. If you choose not to see that then you should look again.

Please expand on the vested corporate interests that cause refugees?

When was the last time the ‘West’ trampled into a stable country on this scale and threatened anyone who intervened with nuclear weapons?

Can we have a discussion about the west's hypocrisy without reverting to overt "Elders of Zion" style antisemitism.
To be clear, this is entirely antisemitic.

Can we have a discussion about the west's hypocrisy without reverting to overt "Elders of Zion" style antisemitism.
EDIT: Oops, only read the last paragraph and thought the poster quoted was just talking about rich people controlling the media…missed the middle bit that went straight to crazy anti-Semite town. Apologies!

At least we all agree there’s a degree of hypocrisy in the West’s response here, much though I support the Russians getting hammered in this instance.

Rightful criticism of Israeli politics and aggression is not antisemitic. It is perfectly acceptable to scrutinise the situation in Palestine through the lens of human rights and morality.

Also, my personal take from the post you are replying to wasn't that "Jews run the world media" garbage (which definitely would be antisemitic) but rather the media barons that built large fortunes off of manipulating the masses and serving the political class when it suits them are hypocrites.

Rightful criticism of Israeli politics and aggression is not antisemitic. It is perfectly acceptable to scrutinise the situation in Palestine through the lens of human rights and morality.
True

Also, my personal take from the post you are replying to wasn't that "Jews run the world media" garbage (which definitely would be antisemitic) but rather the media barons that built large fortunes off of manipulating the masses and serving the political class when it suits them are hypocrites.

I don't need your personal take or to put his words through a prism. He chose to jump from Israel criticism, which once again is fair, and took the leap to describing them as Jewish billionaires. Not Israeli billionaires.

To pivot the conversation towards Jewish billionaires controlling the media in a conversation about Russia / Everton is antisemitic.

This would be better suited to current affairs rather that here.

He didn’t explain it clearly at all. If you choose not to see that then you should look again.

Please expand on the vested corporate interests that cause refugees?

When was the last time the ‘West’ trampled into a stable country on this scale and threatened anyone who intervened with nuclear weapons?

You must have been sleeping the last 20 years then. Its take your pick really.

And it's quite simple, the wanted resources, so invaded the middle east, which has displaced millions of people. Crimes that are by some magnitude incomparably greater than anything Russia as ever done.

All national leaders who are aggressors are propped up by obscenely rich people who seek to benefit from the aftermath of those incursions into other countries. This is not exclusive to Russia (who I am in no way defending). America and Israel are just as aggressive with their neigbours, but their supporters are never called out. Just saying like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back