2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know and I know that he isn't close to being fit. That being the case, why should we be criticising him? We can all remark that he looks slow/off the pace/unfit etc, which would be true, but we can't hold that against him just yet, surely?

Fairly sure we wouldn't have been expecting to be down to our 3rd choice striker so early in the season, so Rondon's fitness has been brought into starker focus than it otherwise would have been. Simms might have got mins in midweek in other circumstances, but he's even less fit than Rondon.

It's a temporary problem and it's likely to cost us some points over the next week or two, but you'd hope that's it.

Benitez is meant to be a clairvoyant and know our 2 first choice strikers would both get struck down with injury 5 games in.

Meanwhile Salah and Mane play 500 billion games and never pick up an injury.

Hang on, I'm sure both wrongun and Jaffa Benitez said when we signed him, that he had really looked after himself over in china and had kept himself very fit?

No it seems he's been taking a leaf out of James book, and letting it all hang out with a Benson and hedges firmly inserted?!

Which one is it then?

Could it be a a case of one of the gaffers favourites getting protection cos he's looked worse than a Sunday league player?

Then why has he been on the bench got for last two games? Both games we've lost and both games we could have done with a striker.

If he brought simms but had absolutely no intention of bringing him on in either game because he's not fit than putting him on the bench is just absolutely stupidity.

I'm sure Dobbin or someone would be raring to get on the pitch if required and as it stands would offer a lot more than rondon at the minute for his work rate and pace alone
Christ knows, we shouldnt even be entertaining signing players who arent fit let alone "fades" who are permanently carrying some chronic injury/knock/chill/tiredness or other ailment. Its a disgrace players being named on the bench when theyre clearly not match fit. Surely weve got another young forward other than Simms - even a wildcard enthusiastic kid would relish coming on.

You know and I know that he isn't close to being fit. That being the case, why should we be criticising him? We can all remark that he looks slow/off the pace/unfit etc, which would be true, but we can't hold that against him just yet, surely?

Fairly sure we wouldn't have been expecting to be down to our 3rd choice striker so early in the season, so Rondon's fitness has been brought into starker focus than it otherwise would have been. Simms might have got mins in midweek in other circumstances, but he's even less fit than Rondon.

It's a temporary problem and it's likely to cost us some points over the next week or two, but you'd hope that's it.
I partly do agree, but as a professional footballer, you should be able to retain some fitness. I don't knownif you watched qpr, but it was shocking as a professional sportsman. And he didn't even look like he was that bothered. I get he may not be match fit, but at least look like you are making an effort.

Even if you aren't match sharp, you can have enough fitness to run about and make a nuisance of yourself. Match sharpness and physical fitness aren't the same and even without playing games, a professional sportsman being paid as much as he has been, should be able to run for 90 mins.

Benitez is meant to be a clairvoyant and know our 2 first choice strikers would both get struck down with injury 5 games in.

Meanwhile Salah and Mane play 500 billion games and never pick up an injury.

No, he shouldn’t sign a striker who runs like he smokes 20 a day and dines exclusively on KFC’s and Big Macs.

As Charlie Austin proved, other more mobile ageing cart horses where available. ( I’m not saying we should’ve signed him by the way, just using him as an example )

He’s just another waster, to add to our already lengthy list of wasters.

No, he shouldn’t sign a striker who runs like he smokes 20 a day and dines exclusively on KFC’s and Big Macs.

As Charlie Austin proved, other more mobile ageing cart horses where available. ( I’m not saying we should’ve signed him by the way, just using him as an example )

He’s just another waster, to add to our already lengthy list of wasters.

Got to give him more than 2 games mate. Not like we had £100 million to spend this summer and decided on a half fit Rondon over a £25 million CF in their prime

I partly do agree, but as a professional footballer, you should be able to retain some fitness. I don't knownif you watched qpr, but it was shocking as a professional sportsman. And he didn't even look like he was that bothered. I get he may not be match fit, but at least look like you are making an effort.

Even if you aren't match sharp, you can have enough fitness to run about and make a nuisance of yourself. Match sharpness and physical fitness aren't the same and even without playing games, a professional sportsman being paid as much as he has been, should be able to run for 90 mins.
I did watch it mate, but while I'll agree that he's miles off the pace, suggesting he wasn't making an effort is proper harsh and I wouldn't agree with that in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.