2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm prepared to give him more time but only from the bench at this time. It would for instance have been much more sensible to have had Gray starting the QPR game leaving Romdom in hand should we be struggling and needing to change our approach.
Can only see the logic in throwing him in is the injury to Dom is going to be longer than stated, so to get Rondon on up to speed (pun intended) is the plan.

He said in his pre-QPR interview that Simms just wasn't fit.

He's only had like 5 training sessions as of now, maybe 6 cause his first was last Thursday.

He's been out for nearly 6 months with a serious injury. Gonna need time.

Rondon looks like he`s been out for 6 yrs and spent every weekend in Smokey Mo`s and the Lobster Pot.

He said in his pre-QPR interview that Simms just wasn't fit.

He's only had like 5 training sessions as of now, maybe 6 cause his first was last Thursday.

He's been out for nearly 6 months with a serious injury. Gonna need time.

Then why has he been on the bench got for last two games? Both games we've lost and both games we could have done with a striker.

If he brought simms but had absolutely no intention of bringing him on in either game because he's not fit than putting him on the bench is just absolutely stupidity.

I'm sure Dobbin or someone would be raring to get on the pitch if required and as it stands would offer a lot more than rondon at the minute for his work rate and pace alone

Then why has he been on the bench got for last two games? Both games we've lost and both games we could have done with a striker.

If he brought simms but had absolutely no intention of bringing him on in either game because he's not fit than putting him on the bench is just absolutely stupidity.

I'm sure Dobbin or someone would be raring to get on the pitch if required and as it stands would offer a lot more than rondon at the minute for his work rate and pace alone

Because Simms asked to be on the bench and because we had no players RB said yes

Because Simms asked to be on the bench and because we had no players RB said yes

Nar not having that, still doesn't sense.

"I'm ready and think I can be on the bench"

Nar your not fit and wont play, but I'll stick you on the bench anyway to take up a lot.

Either way, if Rafael had no intention of playing him he shouldn't be on the bench whether he wants it or not, that's solely down to the manager

Benitez: "Nobody can be four months without playing football – training at home because of the Covid [restrictions] – and after be expecting him to score three goals in every game"

Noone ever expected that. And making comments like that is just disingenuous as if fans are expecting it. All fans want is him to work hard and make a bit of effort. He could barely get into a sprint, so yes people should be criticising him.

Benitez: "Nobody can be four months without playing football – training at home because of the Covid [restrictions] – and after be expecting him to score three goals in every game"

Noone ever expected that. And making comments like that is just disingenuous as if fans are expecting it. All fans want is him to work hard and make a bit of effort. He could barely get into a sprint, so yes people should be criticising him.
Classic FSW comment - he is a bigger liar than Carlo, answering a question with a non-answer, a deceptive farcical comment. I did not see the same approach being made for James after he hadn't played since pre season. " Oh no we cant possibly play him, he's not match fit". Lying onanite.
But of course Salmon Round-one is FSW's mate.

We could maybe have signed him before the last possible second of the transfer window to get him up to the required fitness levels though.

I expect at least 4 from him tomorrow. All blammos.

You know and I know that he isn't close to being fit. That being the case, why should we be criticising him? We can all remark that he looks slow/off the pace/unfit etc, which would be true, but we can't hold that against him just yet, surely?

Fairly sure we wouldn't have been expecting to be down to our 3rd choice striker so early in the season, so Rondon's fitness has been brought into starker focus than it otherwise would have been. Simms might have got mins in midweek in other circumstances, but he's even less fit than Rondon.

It's a temporary problem and it's likely to cost us some points over the next week or two, but you'd hope that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.