Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bookies are in it to make money. Sky more then anyone, get balance to say fonseca has knocked us back. Drop the odds and watch the fools throw money on another person who'll probably have no chance of coming to us. The longer this goes on the more the bookies will move it around to make people put more money on different candidates.

Besides which if the bookies did have some insider info, would they let us know it or use it to manipulate more money out of us?

Skybet And sky sports run stories and markets to make money.

How many times does someone go odds n and a day later drift like a barge.

Have we ever had a more universally unpopular manager?

My clear memories of supporting everton go back to Colin Harvey's days, and honestly I can't think of a more hated manager. Even Mike Walker still had some support when he was fired, many understood Walter Smith had players continually sold from under him, Martinez was adored for a season, and Koeman was respected without really being liked for a while. Any old-timers think of another manager we've had more hated from the word go than Mr Gravy?

I can’t remember since I stated going mid 80’s, any manager to be unpopular without even managing a full season. I certainly can’t remember a manager getting us top 10 and still be so unpopular. I can’t see how he can be here next season.

My clear memories of supporting everton go back to Colin Harvey's days, and honestly I can't think of a more hated manager. Even Mike Walker still had some support when he was fired, many understood Walter Smith had players continually sold from under him, Martinez was adored for a season, and Koeman was respected without really being liked for a while. Any old-timers think of another manager we've had more hated from the word go than Mr Gravy?
Never ever and I go back to the Cat, my God BFS is the worst ever , and we have a longer history than all bar the founder members.

Probably. We all show an immense amount of hostility every time we want a manager out.

I asked me dad this the other day, he's 67 and grew up 5 mins from Goodison, went a lot of matches when he was young, I've never seen him this unarsed about an Everton team and he took me the game through the late 90's. It says all I need to know about Allardyce.

Similar with my dad - hitting 80.

He`s been to one game under Allardyce this season and said that was enough

The match going fans have to be blamed and Moshiri sadly has shown he has zero ambition.

He's going to look an utter buffoon in the summer if he talks up potential big signings whilst being managed by this dinosaur.

Only way the club listens is by one of 2 things:

1. Dont pay your ticket and stay away

Or

2. Go the home games and make it clear with banners/chanting we dont want the manager at the club.

The majority of our fans choose neither so as the saying goes you get the club you deserve.

It was probably just to watch his old club and hang out with his mate, can’t see Arsene Wenger coming here.

You still think Allardyce is a goner Joe, after that today?
Yes at the end of the season when Mosh gets a new DOF, and a new manager, why send for him and Wals all the way to London when we are away at Huddlesfield tomorrow?
A general talk on the positive way forwards for Sam could have been done on Monday night still think he will go ignore his comments today, and boy he looked subdued for someone who had been told he was here next season !

Yes at the end of the season when Mosh gets a new DOF, and a new manager, why send for him and Wals all the way to London when we are away at Huddlesfield tomorrow?
A general talk on the positive way forwards for Sam could have been done on Monday night still think he will go ignore his comments today, and boy he looked subdued for someone who had been told he was here next season !

;)

I’m gonna jump onboard this gravy train! I’m 48 and I was born when we were Champions, watched us break transfer records and have top scorers through the 70’s, was proud through my mid to late teens that we were up there beating and challenging with the best. Watched us be a club with class albeit with no money throughout Moysies tenure and enjoyed what Martinez did with the structure that Team gifted with added flair. Even last season had some highlights.

But I have never been so completely disillusioned with our great club as I am this season. It’s not just the deflation that another false dawn has delivered, it is the simple fact that the Sam Allardyce is manager of Everton. I still can’t believe that has happened and if it continues next season we truly are going to Hell in a handcart!

Allardyce is a very sqpecial manager, he has managed, all on his own and unaided, to make me, after living and breathing Everton Football Club, I mean Everton football club, all my very long life, to no longer be arsed.

I started going in 1962, I have seen some very dark days over the years, but, up until the appointment of fat arse I always cared, no longer I am afraid. How has this absolute charlatan been allowed within a mile of our football club.

If you really think this is acceptable to us Mr. Moshiri, then you really do not “know your history”.

Taken us up the league.

Patched up the defence - we're now leaking fewer goals.

Bought Walcott, who's become our best attacking player.

I'm not saying that he's the right man to take us forward, or that we should keep him. The worst manager in our history though ? Says more about the prejudices of the fans who make such comments, some of whom had made up their minds before his first game for us, than it does about Big Sam.

The match going fans have to be blamed and Moshiri sadly has shown he has zero ambition.

The match going fans are not to blame if Moshiri decides to keep Allardyce on. I've been to most matches this season and the fans have made it clear as day that Allardyce is not welcome. If Moshiri does choose to keep Allardyce on, its on him - not the fans.

As for Moshiri showing zero ambition - let's wait and see. Just because Allardyce has talked himself up in terms of keeping the job, doesn't mean he's telling the truth. He could be playing Moshiri, he could be saving face, who knows. I still strongly believe he'll be gone in the summer and replaced with a more ambitious signing.

What I find very weird is that what the hell is the board/Moshiri's long term plan? not like Alladyce is on a 3 year deal he'll be off next summer regardless why waste a year?

This whole club is lost at the moment, from the mish mash at board level to Walsh/manager/Kenwright all dealing with transfers etc. Im fed up of this club.

Why couldnt Kenwright just F off and we get a full 100% takeover like every other side, why couldnt Moshiri have ambition and make it clear we want a new direction in the summer. Its just so frustrating especially with that lot doing so well at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back