Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The players certainly have to take some responsibility here but those tactics lately have been poor. 5 at the back v WBA and 4+ 3 defensive midfielders today? That's just the epitome of negative. I think we needed him in considering our freefall towards the bottom of the relegation zone, and the fact that we had no outstanding candidate to take over. He's done us ok with some points and movement upwards, but if I have to watch more than one season of this utter dirge I think I'll go totally nuts.

Today highlighted how Sam has done incredibly well with this absolutely awful side, this team for me is much worse than most of our sides under Walter Smith. 40 points and lower midtable would be a fantastic season.

I don’t agree mate. No excuses for that selection today. McCarthy hasn’t been playing after his injuries, and to play 3 defensive midfielders against that Bournemouth side is embarrassing.

It’s not just today either.

The players certainly have to take some responsibility here but those tactics lately have been poor. 5 at the back v WBA and 4+ 3 defensive midfielders today? That's just the epitome of negative. I think we needed him in considering our freefall towards the bottom of the relegation zone, and the fact that we had no outstanding candidate to take over. He's done us ok with some points and movement upwards, but if I have to watch more than one season of this utter dirge I think I'll go totally nuts.

If he went 5 at the back today then I would take that as normal. But to change it to 4-3-3 with 3 def midfielders. It becomes a bit Koeman.

He might be a cracking fella, but he is very much a fella under pressure now.

He has just 15 points from 8 matches. After the inevitable defeat on Monday that will be 15 points from 9. And once we've been knocked out of the cup by Moneybags FC in a week, the vultures will be circling.

That cup game is massive.If we lose that then the season is over in January.Sam Allardyce has done an alright job so far.But as @davek said.He has only been bought in as a firewall, to make sure that were still in the top flight next season.I think if you want a staple diet of 8th or 9th place finishes, then Sam Allardyce is your man.

But really looking at things more longer term.We are way behind the big six teams in this league, both on and off the pitch.Sure we spent a lot of money in the summer.But the vast majority of that was recouped when we sold Lukaku, and we didn't spend the money wisely.Having the money is one thing.Spending it wisely and correctly is another thing entirely.From what we have seen so far, Moshiri just makes things up, and makes knee jerk decisions as he goes along.

Oh behave. Sick of this attitude from our fans making out were worse than we our.

Man for man we are a far better team than Bournemouth except for the strikers. We should he going there and going for a win the whole going to wba and Bournemouth forms draw is disgusting and so un Everton
He gets away with that at Bolton Blackburn etc but not here
No we aren't.
Allardyce gets us back into the top half of the tableand it takes you a few nanoseconds to get on his back.
Well done.

What if we go unbeaten next two games.
Would people’s opinions be different.

I think we all know though don't we how we are going to set up.

Honestly, are you looking forward to Mondays game knowing it will be 9 men behind the ball again? Same again against the rs.

If we get 2 draws then it's job done isn't it but there's no chsnce we can sit back and say it's enjoyable. It' absolutely horrible to watch, in fact it's even worse than I thought possible because I've never had to have him as our manager before and now we are stuck with him it's absolutely dire and depressing viewing.

Got no grudge with anyone who thinks he was needed and can stomach what he's serving up but I'm struggling I can tell you that mate.

He did all he could. It got worse for us when we went more attacking. That nips the "he's too negative" in the bud. Needs Jan to sort this out and get Donald Trump over to build this wall for next week.

I don’t agree mate. No excuses for that selection today. McCarthy hasn’t been playing after his injuries, and to play 3 defensive midfielders against that Bournemouth side is embarrassing.

It’s not just today either.

Yeh I agree with that, we don't really have great attacking options though so you can see what he is trying to do. Poor decision to start McCarthy.

Defensive setups are understandable against supperior opposition but against teams on the same level or much lower is not......Unfortunately defensive football is ingrained in Sam's makeup and he's never gonna change.

Settle in people it's gonna be a boring low scoring time until he's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back