Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
mate both koeman and Martinez deserved to go in the end but they are BOTH twice the manager this fat beaut is

allardyce is going to retire ( again ) and his only achievement in football will be, I kept x team in the prem

fat fraud
How are they twice the managers that Sam is?

Martinez a pure snake oil salesman while Koeman just didn’t care. Both rightly hounded out and both achieved little/nothing in the game as managers.

The end for both came about due to result sequences that were many orders of magnitude worse than anything Sam has served up here.

Martinez a pure snake oil salesman while Koeman just didn’t care. Both rightly hounded out and both achieved little/nothing in the game as managers.

The end for both came about due to result sequences that were many orders of magnitude worse than anything Sam has served up here.

well for one they both have won trophies in there managerial careers, fat sam has been managing for what 20+ years and not won a thing because he is a loser

we played a lot better football under both managers than this clown, how can you deny that? we are playing the absolute worse football I have ever seen under this man, going the game isn't even enjoyable anymore even when we win, he has sucked every single last bit of fun out of going the game

He’s doing what he was brought in to do, and he could exceed the original target by a distance if we can finish well.

That’s all that matters, and that’s why we brought him in. Love him or loathe him he finds a way to keep sides in this division and he’s bloody good at it.

Depends how you measure success, trophies or surviving the dreaded drop... I know which I prefer.

Dont defend the other two in the slightest, I wanted Martinez gone (sorry Dave) and Koeman just completely alienated anyone and anything at the club - but... the whole idea that Allardyce is a better manager is not accurate.

He really doesn’t. I know you seem to have a small amount of affection for the fat man, but the rest of us are hoping he gets the bullet rather soon

Samosaurus needs to be extinct

The people with affection seem to be people newly registered, or ones who only post wind ups or very little and usually to an acceptance of us staying in our place.

Strange that like...

My thoughts are.....SA will be here next season if he has a decent finish to this season...

He will get the opportunity to progress Everton next season, depending on how it turns out next season will determine an extension of his contract.....

This all makes business & strategic sense whether you like him or not.....

Everton do need stability & an experienced manager to sort out the good,bad & the ugly & to sign in some quality players....

Keeping a manager detested by the people you view as customers doesn't make any sense actually.

What would that mean though? Even with a positive spin?

You think Sam Allardyce can get a team into the top 6 of the PL in 2018/19? Not a chance.

Will we be playing decent football? History suggests no chance.

Will we have players more suited to his 'style' in the squad? If he's staying on then yes there's every chance. And this point alone renders any 'progress' redundant as then we're left with unsuitable players* that need to be moved on, pretty much exactly what's happened throughout the man's tenure at every club and one of the main reservations that has been raised against him.

*presuming we're not stupid enough to employ another footballing dinosaur.

Top 6 is always a possibility....
Better players better football.....

We need stability atm Sa gives us that, keep changing the manager is not the answer.....

I know he is not everyone's choice, but he is vastly experienced & knows what he is doing.....

Do you honestly think he will be sacked if we finish 7th or 8th this season & start off well next season after a good pre season in the transfer market.....

Top 6 is always a possibility....
Better players better football.....

We need stability atm Sa gives us that, keep changing the manager is not the answer.....

I know he is not everyone's choice, but he is vastly experienced & knows what he is doing.....

Do you honestly think he will be sacked if we finish 7th or 8th this season & start off well next season after a good pre season in the transfer market.....

I'd say he is hardly anyone's choice, never seen a more unpopular manager - even including ones who had been terrible for a couple of seasons.

The stability he offers is keeping a team in the league, nothing more, progression he offers has been shown to be zero at every club he's managed at.

Do you believe a club that have the 10th most expensively assembled squad in world football in reality has ambitions that can be matched by Sam Allardyce?

One thing i agree about is he knows what he is doing, he is doing exactly what he has always done regardless of the team, which is make them happy they finish 17th and no lower, that's the measure of success in Sam's world view

Sacking him does not make any sense either......

Why doesn't it?

Many wanted moyes gone by the end, a manager who had routinely finished 7th or higher, Martinez was wanted gone, a manager who finished 5th, Koeman finished 7th a mile clear of 8th and was gone within 5 months, why should Sam not be sacked if he barely scrapes 7th - 25 points of 6th and maybe 6-7 away from 17th?

As i just stated, the 10th most expensive squad in football, the 6th most expensive in the league. you think it makes sense to keep a manager who deems anything above 18th as a job well done, and sees the 40 point mark as time to end the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back