Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be as candid as I can be.

All things considered, I think Allardyce has done a very good job since coming in. Whilst I understand that a week is a long time in football, I don't think we should forget just how dire things had gotten before he came in. I take no pride in the batterings we've got under him, but I will state that we look far better at the back than we did in mid-November.

Williams looks to have dropped a couple pounds, and looks to be enjoying his football again.

As for team selection, I get the frustrations too. Fact of the matter is that the management obviously see Baines as being more than sufficient for left back, and buying a 'mend it' replacement in January wasn't something that the board wanted to do. Until then, I don't think we can play an out and out left winger due to Vlasic/Lookman/Bolasie's inability to cover defensively.

And now for the controversial bit. I think a lot of the hatred for Allardyce boils down to the fact that he's a northerner who speaks like a northerner. As someone who has both a strong accent and mannerism, I get what it's like to be judged on the way that they speak.

He's no idiot, rarely do I see any of his ex-players bemoan him or his style.

Do I see him as the defacto long term manager of the club? No.

Do I see him as a manager from which we can build a solid platform from going forward? Yes.

I'm going to be as candid as I can be.

All things considered, I think Allardyce has done a very good job since coming in. Whilst I understand that a week is a long time in football, I don't think we should forget just how dire things had gotten before he came in. I take no pride in the batterings we've got under him, but I will state that we look far better at the back than we did in mid-November.

Williams looks to have dropped a couple pounds, and looks to be enjoying his football again.

As for team selection, I get the frustrations too. Fact of the matter is that the management obviously see Baines as being more than sufficient for left back, and buying a 'mend it' replacement in January wasn't something that the board wanted to do. Until then, I don't think we can play an out and out left winger due to Vlasic/Lookman/Bolasie's inability to cover defensively.

And now for the controversial bit. I think a lot of the hatred for Allardyce boils down to the fact that he's a northerner who speaks like a northerner. As someone who has both a strong accent and mannerism, I get what it's like to be judged on the way that they speak.

He's no idiot, rarely do I see any of his ex-players bemoan him or his style.

Do I see him as the defacto long term manager of the club? No.

Do I see him as a manager from which we can build a solid platform from going forward? Yes.

But he's from the West Midlands and definitely retains a hint of Dudley accent? Actually that probably makes him more of a hate figure.

It would be bizarre if we get to the summer and Silva is available for nothing if Moshiri didn't act to bring him when he was prepared to pay up to £10M for him months earlier. That would underline what a concern Moshiri is for this football club.

Fonseca - yeah, not a problem with that.

To even think about going for Silva would be bizarre altogether, i could understand towards the end of the Koeman period, when we were desperate for a quick change and the flavor of the month was an easy option, but if we go for him now we really have to worry about the vision we have for the future, this alone will reflect how short sighted we are

It's funny how much he's hated around here when the guy has, genuinely, done a decent enough job so far.

I'm not a fan of his at all either btw and I hated the fact that we appointed him in the first place.

To even think about going for Silva would be bizarre altogether, i could understand towards the end of the Koeman period, when we were desperate for a quick change and the flavor of the month was an easy option, but if we go for him now we really have to worry about the vision we have for the future, this alone will reflect how short sighted we are
He's a good manager. The Watford collapse was defo due to the Everton enquiry.

It's funny how much he's hated around here when the guy has, genuinely, done a decent enough job so far.

I'm not a fan of his at all either btw and I hated the fact that we appointed him in the first place.

Tbh he’s ruined it for himself by shooting his mouth off. All he had to do was stay humble and people would have quietly respected his decent home run to move us away from trouble. Instead as soon as he had a few wins under his belt it was all about what he’d done, couldn’t understand why 15 of us on the internet were criticising him, why we weren’t good enough to even have a go v Liverpool, why we shouldn’t expect anything v Arsenal, why we’re still in a relegation battle, how he knows best over Lookman etc.

Ultimately he’s another manager who can’t comprehend a world where Everton are higher than 7th therefore he won’t push us further. When he had go get big away wins for survival at Sunderland or Palace he was capable but because he didn’t have to at Everton he just threw the games arrogantly thinking that Everton fans shouldn’t expect wins at those grounds.

Moyes did it, Koeman did it, and Allardyce is now doing it. It’s infuriating and I’m fed up being told by Everton managers before a ball has even been kicked why we can’t compete when other teams in this league win at these grounds all the time.

He's a good manager. The Watford collapse was defo due to the Everton enquiry.
How is he a good manager? Based on what? Winning 8 games at Watford? That the best we can do?

We need someone we know is a good manager, not another punt, this will be the 4th manager since Moyes, and the other 3 have all been terrible, we need to stop messing about and actually think about this long term, if we go for someone bang average and have the sack him after a year our brand is going to be so damaged we will find it even harder to get a good manager

Marco Martinez is a big no from me.

Disappointed Allardyce hasn’t shown more ambition in his time here so far but it’s almost job done for him so please let this season end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back