Transfer Rumour Samuel Chukwueze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes had one hamstring injury two seasons ago. Hardly a recurring injury:coffee:
Was out for 5 months with it, May - Oct 21, this time last season he was still out.
He had to have surgery on it after initially trying to rush back in time for EL final against United.
Also kept him out of Nigeria WC qualifiers in March this year.
So, id say its a concern, for a speedy winger to have had trouble with a hamstring that kept him out for 5 months and then aggravated it 5 months later.
Especially a concern if he isnt tearing the place up already and the rumours are he'd cost us £30m

This would be incredible signing, he's rapid and had 2-3 good seasons in La Liga.

Surely Villareal will be wanting 40-50m for him though?

Yes, very likely. I don't think if this deal wants to be closed in time, it would be by paying around that region either this season or an obligation to buy next season.

We'll see.
Sky reporting £25m atm, though theyre not reliable.
Dutch window closes tonight for ins so a lot of tomorrows potential outs could be dependant on what goes down before midnight.
price dropped to EUR 40M already. mentioned in the press over here. Leeds pushing the most. So a bit the same price as the Nigerian lad

Not all obligations have conditions built in. Fact most don’t.
I think most when they are bigger fees do. I never believe we ever get the full details of any transfer, especially in these days where everything is undisclosed. The bar of the condition may just be lower.

This obligation to buy phad feels like it started in Italy.

Regardless I hope it’s a condition in this one if it happens. For that amount of cash I imagine there will be.

Was out for 5 months with it, May - Oct 21, this time last season he was still out.
He had to have surgery on it after initially trying to rush back in time for EL final against United.
Also kept him out of Nigeria WC qualifiers in March this year.
So, id say its a concern, for a speedy winger to have had trouble with a hamstring that kept him out for 5 months and then aggravated it 5 months later.
Especially a concern if he isnt tearing the place up already and the rumours are he'd cost us £30m
This is where the condition comes in. Hopefully the club habe one in for appearances.

It’s almost certainly not going to be a 30/40m upfront fee

Would be uneasy at signing this guy on any deal with obligation and certainly not at the sort of fee being mooted. Villarreal are canny operators and don't make many errors, so I'd be wary if they are looking to offload him this quickly. Of course they would be if they could get €40m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back