Transfer Rumour Samuel Chukwueze

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can (probably) make the math work with the Kean money if we staunch the flow of red ink this season. Adding ticket sales back in is a significant start. Sponsorship deals also probably help. The $64,000 question is how much of a hole was punched in the boat by the loss of Usmanov's money.

I have us at an £80 mill loss before Richarlison mate, 21/22.

£20 mill I’m led to believe mate on USM.

£20 mill I’m led to believe mate.
More or less what I think from what's been made public over the years. It doesn't follow that it's an accurate number, of course.

If that number is good and we're still allowed to wink at whatever we spend on Bramley-Moore, there's probably enough headroom given the horror show that's coming off the three-year numbers.

More or less what I think from what's been made public over the years. It doesn't follow that it's an accurate number, of course.

If that number is good and we're still allowed to wink at whatever we spend on Bramley-Moore, there's probably enough headroom given the horror show that's coming off the three-year numbers.

I think we may try and write down Gylfis cost & USM in our losses given the exceptional circumstances.

USM could always sue us for reneging on our deal and not accepting their money. lol

I think we may try and write down Gylfis cost & USM in our losses given the exception circumstances.
It was the last year of Gylfi's contract, so I don't think we can push it off into past years given that it had already amortized and the exception occurred during the FY. Doesn't mean Moshiri won't try it.

I can't see a way of accounting for USM other than as revenue removed from the books. If we tried to do it creatively, it hurts us now and doesn't start helping until years down the road. If we have the headroom and we can get away with it, then definitely do it, but I'm just not seeing it.

USM could always sue us for reneging on our deal and not accepting their money. lol
In a British court, with us having force majeure to hide behind? That would get tossed so far it bounced, and with prejudice to boot. lol

Think balancing in more a priority, than stockpiling myself mate.

Id like something more central creatively myself, an option at 10, who could wing forward at a pinch.
We don’t have any good attackers, I hope Gordon and McNeil can get there by the end of the year tbf, so adding one more maybe wouldn't be a stockpile imo.

It was the last year of Gylfi's contract, so I don't think we can push it off into past years given that it had already amortized and the exception occurred during the FY. Doesn't mean Moshiri won't try it.

I can't see a way of accounting for USM other than as revenue removed from the books. If we tried to do it creatively, it hurts us now and doesn't start helping until years down the road. If we have the headroom and we can get away with it, then definitely do it, but I'm just not seeing it.

In a British court, with us having force majeure to hide behind? That would get tossed so far it bounced, and with prejudice to boot. lol

His annual cost all in was 14.1 per annum. Worth a run a it with the PL to “protect the integrity” of the league.

To be fair to Moshiri, hes some man for pulling a rabbit out of a hat with the accounts.

We don’t need to go legal, it’s local really it’s the PL we have to convince.

His annual cost all in was 14.1 per annum. Worth a run a it with the PL to “protect the integrity” of the league.

To be fair to Moshiri, hes some man for pulling a rabbit out of a hat with the accounts.

We don’t need to go legal, it’s local really it’s the PL we have to convince.
As I see it, the Prem more or less admits it doesn't have a clue about how to audit books in its by-laws, and just requires that a local accounting firm certify the books. As long as the losses are below the required threshold, they don't care.

HRMs tax people might have something to say about obviously cooked books, and a quick survey of clubs suggests that the auditors they're using are reputable (eg: we use BDO, Chelsea uses KPMG), so I don't think there's that much funny business going on.

Some quick back of the envelope math suggests that we can probably spend next year without financial voodoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back