Transfer Rumour Samuel Chukwueze

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t have any good attackers, I hope Gordon and McNeil can get there by the end of the year tbf, so adding one more maybe wouldn't be a stockpile imo.

I agree mate I think we’re light, id go different myself as I said I’d go for a central playmaker who could play wing forward, someone more expansive then relies on dribbling or a running game.

I just don’t think we’d legitimacy pay £55 mill in one window in the same position, for one to sit on the bench with areas of the squad unbalanced, I mean we’re not in that position in terms of costs. There is also Towenend in the back ground, so it is a bit of a stockpile and building layers of costs on costs.

This move just isn’t logical for me on that basis, which makes question the overall legitimacy of the link.

Just my take.

Last edited:
I agree mate I think we’re light, id go different myself as I said I’d go for a central playmaker who cold play wing forward, someone more expansive then relies on dribbling or a running game.

I just don’t think we’d legitemaly play £55 mill in one window in the same position, for one to sit on the bench with areas of the squad unbalance, I mean we’re not in that position in terms of costs. There is also Towenend in the back ground, so it is a bit of a stockpile and building layers of costs on costs.

This move just isn’t logical for me on that basis, which makes question the legitimacy.

Just my take.
Here I 100% agree. It's a lot to dump into a chancer, and we haven't been doing much of that this window. Onana looks extremely likely to come good.

I agree mate I think we’re light, id go different myself as I said I’d go for a central playmaker who cold play wing forward, someone more expansive then relies on dribbling or a running game.

I just don’t think we’d legitemaly play £55 mill in one window in the same position, for one to sit on the bench with areas of the squad unbalance, I mean we’re not in that position in terms of costs. There is also Towenend in the back ground, so it is a bit of a stockpile and building layers of costs on costs.

This move just isn’t logical for me on that basis, which makes question the legitimacy.

Just my take.
I actually think McNeil might end up being what you described at the start

As I see it, the Prem more or less admits it doesn't have a clue about how to audit books in its by-laws, and just requires that a local accounting firm certify the books. As long as the losses are below the required threshold, they don't care.

HRMs tax people might have something to say about obviously cooked books, and a quick survey of clubs suggests that the auditors they're using are reputable (eg: we use BDO, Chelsea uses KPMG), so I don't think there's that much funny business going on.

Some quick back of the envelope math suggests that we can probably spend next year without financial voodoo.

Well, less dark arts when it comes to tax liability and more pushing the PL rules to the absolute limit, was my meaning mate - via absolutely finding every arguable loophole going.

Id be curious to see your projection mate? I’m gonna do tot one up myself after the window.

No sleep tonight then - thanks mate.

I do think he’s better centrally or as two 10s behind a 9, like Brighton have been setting up recently. I certainly hope there is some kind of plan.
I think he's looked fine when in the middle and less fine when wider than the box. But yes he needs management in a big way.

Ultimately if we sign two right wings and one is good we're going to be haply enough. I rate our friend here so I'd be ok with it even though it is a bit pricey.

I think he's looked fine when in the middle and less fine when wider than the box. But yes he needs management in a big way.

Ultimately if we sign two right wings and one is good we're going to be haply enough. I rate our friend here so I'd be ok with it even though it is a bit pricey.

I saw little glimpses against Brentford, but I’m not convinced on him being totally honest, he needs a lot of work and coaching.

I just feel we need a different dimension, centrally or on the flank, strikes me we’ve signed some great athletes and good pros, but will be relying a lot on a running game, I think we need that Arteta or Jamo, who can put their foot on the ball and create something from nothing or hold and keep procession in advanced positions - we’re god awful at it, someone like Pereira of the top of my head, if he can still drop a shape after a year away.

It won't be we have two loan slots be surprised if we don't use either
You'll hope so but with everton I always tend to expect the worst. Not sure though that we will be able to get the quality needed upfront with loans only...there is a reason why players are available for loans.

He's really not you know. Started 12 in the league last year, off bench in 15, scored 3 assisted 3. This season 3 league games in he's came off bench in all three for total of 73mins.
He is not first choice and if source is true we are paying £30m for him.
A winger with a dodgy hamstring

Hes had one hamstring injury two seasons ago. Hardly a recurring injury:coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back