• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Samuel Eto'o

Is Eto'o a good signing ?

• Err, Yes, he's boss

Votes: 549 76.3%
  • No, he'll be Martinez' Ginola

Votes: 110 15.3%
  • I only care about Cheese on Toast, Everton players don't interest me

Votes: 61 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor physical condition and deploying him tactically to accommodate Ronaldo have meant Rooney never really got to where he should have been. He was never going to be a bad player but an excellent goal return has masked the fact he has squandered a little bit of his considerable talent.

Agree. He got to acustomed to big wages and lost the hunger.

If he'd of been at Everton he'd of been playing for "his" club. But he was more interested in money.

Are we so spoilt by this transfer window that we are getting used to things like Sammy Eto'o signing for us? Thread was on page two already, neglected!

Although maybe it was due to @mythbuster being on discobiscuits and derailing it.

Still can't believe he has signed. I remember back a few seasons ago I used to make a good chunk of money betting on anytime scorer when Cronaldo, Adebayor, Fabiano and Eto'o were banging them in almost every week.

I like that he is another that can move around the front four positions a bit.

Has it been confirmed he will be in the squad at least?

Are we so spoilt by this transfer window that we are getting used to things like Sammy Eto'o signing for us? Thread was on page two already, neglected!

Although maybe it was due to @mythbuster being on discobiscuits and derailing it.

Still can't believe he has signed. I remember back a few seasons ago I used to make a good chunk of money betting on anytime scorer when Cronaldo, Adebayor, Fabiano and Eto'o were banging them in almost every week.

I like that he is another that can move around the front four positions a bit.

Has it been confirmed he will be in the squad at least?

I never derailed it mate. I just found it funny that people were saying Rooney is not a world class player. I mean, he's only scored over 200 goals for Man U. Glad we sold him really.

Thanks for the rep mate, I'm not even arsed :p

Poor physical condition and deploying him tactically to accommodate Ronaldo have meant Rooney never really got to where he should have been. He was never going to be a bad player but an excellent goal return has masked the fact he has squandered a little bit of his considerable talent.

Not so much squandered as just never realised his true potential, I would say, blue.

I bet if he had it to do over again he would have stayed here a few more years to see how it panned out.

Stretford may have got him a big move but in doing so he stymied Wayne's potential to become a genuine world superstar.

But he was more interested in money.

Well, that's very cynical. Maybe there was a better class of granny in the Manchester whorehouses? I remember winning a Pro Evo 5 international team tournament with Cameroon by pretty much just passing it to Eto'o and pressing shoot. It's a pity we don't have Pro Evo 5 Eto'o but he'll do.

I still can't beleive that Samuel Eto'o will be playing for Everton. Even if he is 33 (ish), it's a great signing for us and I just hope he can have a swansong for us at the end of his career. I was excited to see him at Goodison last season in a Chelsea shirt so it's gonna be unreal to see him in an Everton shirt. Just hope he gets some minutes off the bench today

Not so much squandered as just never realised his true potential, I would say, blue.

I bet if he had it to do over again he would have stayed here a few more years to see how it panned out.

Stretford may have got him a big move but in doing so he stymied Wayne's potential to become a genuine world superstar.
Can you imagine Rooney at 18 under Martinez. Got to say I thought moyes handled him well. But the likes of Rooney and Barkley (arguably to of the best English talents since gazza) playing together as evertonians would make it extra special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back