• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Samuel Eto'o

Is Eto'o a good signing ?

• Err, Yes, he's boss

Votes: 549 76.3%
  • No, he'll be Martinez' Ginola

Votes: 110 15.3%
  • I only care about Cheese on Toast, Everton players don't interest me

Votes: 61 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha, he's frigging boss. You muppet. Top, top, player.

Why do people feel the need to do this? I haven't said anything offensive to you, nothing in that post was ridiculous, yet you throw a name at me and offer nothing as part of the discussion. Why?

Anyway, as said, he IS a very, very good player. "Top" player though? No. That's the reserve of Ronaldo, Messi, Ibrahimovic, probably Suarez (damnit...) - Rooney is a step below that, as he's never done it consistently against top teams and hasn't done it internationally at all since 17 years old (on paper, good record, in reality when it matters, next to nothing).

There's a difference between not thinking Rooney is a top player and thinking he's a very good player you know? With me, my view of his potential is seemingly much higher than yours - if that's your view, fair enough, but it's a bit prattish in the extreme to dismiss people like you have here for having a reasonable opinion that's different to yours.

I don't think Rooney's anywhere near filled his potential either tbh. He's been a very good player but at the early stages of his career he looked capable of being one of the absolute all time greats. I'd also go as far as to say he was a better player when he left here than he has been these last 3 years

Why do people feel the need to do this? I haven't said anything offensive to you, nothing in that post was ridiculous, yet you throw a name at me and offer nothing as part of the discussion. Why?

Anyway, as said, he IS a very, very good player. "Top" player though? No. That's the reserve of Ronaldo, Messi, Ibrahimovic, probably Suarez (damnit...) - Rooney is a step below that, as he's never done it consistently against top teams and hasn't done it internationally at all since 17 years old (on paper, good record, in reality when it matters, next to nothing).

There's a difference between not thinking Rooney is a top player and thinking he's a very good player you know? With me, my view of his potential is seemingly much higher than yours - if that's your view, fair enough, but it's a bit prattish in the extreme to dismiss people like you have here for having a reasonable opinion that's different to yours.

Calm down flower. Just calling you a tit, no need to take offence seeing as you're, err, being a tit. Seriously though, no offence intended.

Oh, so he hasn't turned out to be the bestest player in the world ever..... Don't think he cares mate. He's scored over 200 prem goals, won it 5 times, and he's won a few other things too.

You're right though, he probably struggles to sleep because he knows he could have been so much better. LOL.

Calm down flower. Just calling you a tit, no need to take offence seeing as you're, err, being a tit. Seriously though, no offence intended.

Oh, so he hasn't turned out to be the bestest player in the world ever..... Don't think he cares mate. He's scored over 200 prem goals, won it 5 times, and he's won a few other things too.

You're right though, he probably struggles to sleep because he knows he could have been so much better. LOL.

Can you highlight the part where I'm "being a tit" please? Just out of interest.

But yeah, eto'o eh lads.

The player with the best trophies haul to ever sign for this club, probably. Pretty damn exciting.

Just hope he's still got enough of that old magic left, ginola and gascoigne still haunt em a bit, tbh.

Can you highlight the part where I'm "being a tit" please? Just out of interest.

Well, it's good to see that I've reduced you to this, I must say.

The part of you being a tit? Well that would be you calling one of the Premier Leagues greatest ever strikers an unfulfilled potential. LOL.

Well, it's good to see that I've reduced you to this, I must say.

The part of you being a tit? Well that would be you calling one of the Premier Leagues greatest ever strikers an unfulfilled potential. LOL.

You're being pretty obtuse though aren't you. He's not knocking Rooney. The greatest player the world has ever seen could still not have fulfilled his full potential.

I have always felt that Rooney has never fulfilled the potential he showed as a sixteen-eighteen year old.
He looked as if he was going to be one of the best in the world. But , who would now put him in a team for the best in the world or even consider him ?

He hasn't become the all time star people exepected him to be but he's scored a lot of goals, had some great games and won everything you can win. He hasn't done a jeffers, by any means.

I do think people downplay his success a little to make up for that fact we lost him.

Nar, it aint about that for me, hes almost Uniteds highest goalscorer, hes won everything domestically he would want and hes earned a fortune.

Some games hes an unreal talent, but he never became the player I thought he would, thats not to take anything away from what he did become, but I had much higher hopes for him.

I have always felt that Rooney has never fulfilled the potential he showed as a sixteen-eighteen year old.
He looked as if he was going to be one of the best in the world. But , who would now put him in a team for the best in the world or even consider him ?

I'd absolutely have him in a squad of 22. Guess it's Wayne's fault that Suarez, Ronaldo, Messi etc are also good at footy.

Fat tit should have knuckled down and fulfilled his potential as the fastest, strongest bestest footballer the world has ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back