• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Samuel Eto'o

Is Eto'o a good signing ?

• Err, Yes, he's boss

Votes: 549 76.3%
  • No, he'll be Martinez' Ginola

Votes: 110 15.3%
  • I only care about Cheese on Toast, Everton players don't interest me

Votes: 61 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
we still should be able to stay tight at the back with lukaku wide, not like our wide players are very good defensively anyway, i watched their champs league game and there full backs were terribly exposed and caught out of position so many times. mcgeadys not good enough to take advantage. and if we can angle balls into the back post i would fancy lukaku to take advantage in the air. west ham did it well last week, rodgers dragged the full back off after 20 minutes because he was getting raped.

Your right where I don't think it's the right game for McGeady and without Pienaar I think width provided from Lukaku and Mirallas would work. I'm with you mate you've changed my mind so Lukaku out wide and Eto'o up top is the way forward for this match.

You'd drop Naismith in his current form?
Yes i would.

Naismith is a good addition to have on the bench. I feel he makes a better impact on the game when he is brought on with 20 minutes to go. The role behind the striker is a tricky one and not a lot of people can play it. You have to link up play with your center mids and the attacker infront of you. I don't think he does this often enough and at times never, especially with McCarthy and Barry.

Barkley is perfectly suited to that role as he can drop deep and support both McCarthy and Barry when needed. Naismith has the mind set of a striker and he is always thinking about getting forward, thus leaving big gaps. I'm also not a fan of Naismith in the counter attack either. Time after time he gets caught from behind as he doesn't quite have the pace. Eto'o has the control, vision and football brain to play this role. Its where he used to play and is more than comfortable there.

I think a three of Mirallas Eto'o and Pienaar have the ability to really unlock that defence of theirs.

Yes i would.

Naismith is a good addition to have on the bench. I feel he makes a better impact on the game when he is brought on with 20 minutes to go. The role behind the striker is a tricky one and not a lot of people can play it. You have to link up play with your center mids and the attacker infront of you. I don't think he does this often enough and at times never, especially with McCarthy and Barry.

Barkley is perfectly suited to that role as he can drop deep and support both McCarthy and Barry when needed. Naismith has the mind set of a striker and he is always thinking about getting forward, thus leaving big gaps. I'm also not a fan of Naismith in the counter attack either. Time after time he gets caught from behind as he doesn't quite have the pace. Eto'o has the control, vision and football brain to play this role. Its where he used to play and is more than comfortable there.

I think a three of Mirallas Eto'o and Pienaar have the ability to really unlock that defence of theirs.

Naismith has been brilliant this season end of!! He starts!!

IMO the only choice is whether it's McGeady or Etto that starts.

Should of come on at the hour mark. It's not as if we were banging the door down or anything. He is by far our most creative outlet going forward and should of been utilized earlier by RM.

Agree with that. God knows what he was thinking looking at things from the bench and seeing Hibbert, of all people, bombing forward into the front line, while he's kept on the bench.

with mirallas out, can we play him and rom up front vs united with naismith in behind with those same 3 in the centre? we don't have two fit wingers and won't have two at 100% for OT, so we need some extra attack from somewhere.

lets go at their shaky defence with two up top and try and outscore them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back