• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Samuel Eto'o

Is Eto'o a good signing ?

• Err, Yes, he's boss

Votes: 549 76.3%
  • No, he'll be Martinez' Ginola

Votes: 110 15.3%
  • I only care about Cheese on Toast, Everton players don't interest me

Votes: 61 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What he did to them today is why you get a hold of players of that pedigree, in this part of their career, if possible. He's probably not going to reel off 5 games in a row of 80+ minutes but if you use him against teams like that, who huff and puff for draw, he can cut them up with experience and just general ability. Considering how many times we've let ourselves down against sides that like, he could prove to be invaluable in the points haul.

Said at the start if he got us 10+ goals this season that would be a good return. I based that on the lads ability alone. Allied to this his attitude and professionalism he has displayed (noted by Martinez) we could be looking at 15 goals in all comps.

To have achieved all he has In the game doesn't happen without hard work and dedication, and no shortage of talent.
I thought he was a shrewd signing but he has surpassed that and then some so far.
he just oozes class, plays with a smile on his face, and appears to be a very likeable man too. His words of comfort to Mirallas when he was lying injured in distress against Liverpool showed his character.
Cannot think of a better man to have around the club to bring through the promising youngsters we have at the club.
again class act went straight to LAkaku when he made the mistake for the goal and put an arm round himand a gentle pat on the head for a g up

I remember a few lads trying to get that Eto'o song going in the square in Lille, its pretty catchy. Think the first part may need changing though.

Ohhh Samuel Eto'o....
Hes 5x the player of Super Mario...
Hes got that first time control....
To score the winning goal.....!

I am the master of slant rhyme.

Eto'o is the best footballer that I have seen in an Everton shirt since Peter Beardsley.

He is a genius, he is that good. Everything he does is so skillful and elegant, and thought through before he even does it.

He won us that game today, not just with his goals with his all round play.

Absolutely love the guy.

What's funny is that i can recall very few people outside of everton actually expecting him to be a good transfer for us, he was criticised as a player last season and it's great that he can prove his point that he's still got more about him then the vast majority of strikers, he might not be as rapid as he was at Barca but i think our playing style suits him and providing we give him the ball near the box he is going to slot, one of those strikers who finds or should i say makes spaces in that area.

Class footballer. I relax when he's got the ball in the same way I used to with Arteta.
There aren't many players I do that with but he is definitely one of them.

He gets the ball and it's all:

giphy.gif

What's funny is that i can recall very few people outside of everton actually expecting him to be a good transfer for us, he was criticised as a player last season and it's great that he can prove his point that he's still got more about him then the vast majority of strikers, he might not be as rapid as he was at Barca but i think our playing style suits him and providing we give him the ball near the box he is going to slot, one of those strikers who finds or should i say makes spaces in that area.

I'm actually surprised by how nimble and mobile he still looks tbh. He still has a turn of pace about him and his awareness and close ball control is amazing. A very shrewd signing and he now looks right up for it and fit as he didn't have a pre season.

Also that chance for a hatrick was very clever. He tries to use the defender to hide behind so the defender doing the pass back doesn't see him. Even at 3-1 in the last minute he could sniff another goal for himself and that's what great strikers do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back