2017/18 Sandro Ramirez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promising signs despite not really delivering tonight I think. He got nailed from behind (ooh, matron!) every time he got it and still kept offering which is good to see. Made some strong runs and put a couple of good balls in from out wide. The only issue with how hard he works is that he can be a bit Andy Johnson, everywhere on the pitch except the one place you want him.

His shooting was poor, yes, but I think that's just him trying too hard to impress and having little to no service. Hopefully he'll settle down. I like the fact he's confident enough to go on his weak foot against the last defender, a very underrated ability and something Lukaku often struggled with when facing the top centre halves. Not that I'm comparing the two yet.

I think he will. For me both him and Rooney just weren't on the same page. DCL did change the game when he came on.

Think it might take him a bit to settle in, but that could be said for Rooney, Klaassen, and Sandro equally. Maybe I read it wrong but it just seemed like Rooney and Sandro were both trying too hard rather than just letting the game come to them.

Far too early to tell really.
Not encouraging looking at our opening month.

We will struggle for points...it is what it is. Even with Rom we'd struggle. It's a tough start.
Problem is we're not currently built for teams that pin us back which will happen in our first 6 games. Don't really see how we're going to counter this season. Last year we had Rom and Bolasie for half a season that could run with the ball and run with pace. That got us some goals like Roms at City that I just don't see us scoring at the moment. Worrying first few weeks coming up.

Come to think of it we're not really built for teams that sit back either. I don't know what we are at the moment. Get Siggy, a wide player or two and another striker in. Go.

Like I said from the start and hopefully most of you are now realising.. he is simply a better Valencia

Lukaku needs replacing and quick. Game by game more of you will realise how badly we will miss his goals

hahah you dont support us mate. hahaha 45 minutes off football. why bother mate.

He may have potential and he may be young, but on the strength of last night's performance he isn't ready to play in a top Premier League side.
He has pace, but his runs are generally ineffective and his shooting is woeful. We looked much better when DCL came on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back