2017/18 Sandro Ramirez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is we're not currently built for teams that pin us back which will happen in our first 6 games. Don't really see how we're going to counter this season. Last year we had Rom and Bolasie for half a season that could run with the ball and run with pace. That got us some goals like Roms at City that I just don't see us scoring at the moment. Worrying first few weeks coming up.

Come to think of it we're not really built for teams that sit back either. I don't know what we are at the moment. Get Siggy, a wide player or two and another striker in. Go.

This is were Koeman will be proved right about DCL. I expect DCL to be the surprise item this season..he'll provide pace and goals as long as he's played down the middle.

TBH think he'll be a different player when he gets off the mark. Love the intent but felt a couple of times he could of looked up lastnight and tried something different.

He's not going to be playing through the middle, I'd like to see him on the right of a front 3, he can get up and down and has a good delivery from out wide.

Needs to get his shots off earlier though and stop narrowing the angle.

...not sure what to make of him so far, I suppose he's been a bit disappointing given his pedigree. He clearly needs to settle into a new club in a new country and into a new league. Runs have been a bit headless at times so perhaps he's trying too hard. I'd like to see him a bit more in control. Twice last night he got one-on-one in the box and lashed his shot uncontrollably wide with his left foot. I wanted to see a step over or trick to bring the ball onto his right, open up the goal and use that 'heavy' right foot shot he has. Took a few decent corners.

Jury is out, the lad needs time.

Last edited:
Got kicked about a bit. Wasn't great but then no one else was either. He's got 45 mins against Stoke to prove his worth to me tbh. I'm kidding obvs.

Give Sandro a few months with Duncan Ferguson and he'll be knocking over defenders like Lukaku. Duncan will toughen him up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back