• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Saudi Arabia Premier league

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're getting paid £20M+ a year by someone very wealthy and powerful then you're pretty much exempt from such trivialities. There are jewel encrusted brooms ready to sweep such occurrences under very large rugs.

that is if he gets paid £20M + a year

After years of not seeing Everton win a single thing, I've decided to support the mighty Al-Hilal.

To the tune of Forever Everton:

Al-Hilal, Al-Hilal, We're Forever Al-Hilal, All for one - One for all,, Al-Hilal's the team with the magical football.

We're the kings of Riyadh,
We shine in royal blue,
On the pitch,
Al-Hilal,
We play the game for you,
With grace and skill,
we'll conquer every field,
Al-Hilal's the team that refuses to yield.

I'm implacably opposed to the Saudi sportswashing charade, but I'm really warming to this Saudi Premier League circus. It is exposing the English Premier League for the bloated, "star"-powered nonsense that it is by giving a lucrative home to washed-up charlatans like Steven Gerrard, Robbie Fowler, and other failed circus performers. People laugh when they see these lads pitching their tent in the desert - and then suddenly and fleetingly realise "Oh. He used to be a big deal in England."

The Saudis are shining a mirror at the ugly sister that is the English Premier League. And not before time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back