• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Saudi Arabia Premier league

Status
Not open for further replies.
I support Everton because of my upbringing, roots etc.
I have no interest in any other league, I don't care if they have a league, with each club full of galaticos. I have no interest in watching any of it, due to no connection to it.
I dare say I'm not alone in this way of thinking. So let them do it, it'd be nothing more than a novelty league to me.

Bring the Super League back and kick em out.

That's how you restore balance to the force
The good news is that it’s coming and can’t be stopped, the bad news is that once it’s here it’s going to be ALL you hear about regarding football for the foreseeable

Depends on if they want to win stuff.

Someone like Silva won't have motivation as he's won the lot and now he'll probably get £500k a week to play a Sunday league level.

We'd all do it.
I wouldn't, in no way comparable but I've turned downed jobs in the middle east for more dough than I am on now because of both moral compromises and its simply not where I want to work.

It's where it's completely unbalanced. But then again, companies have been outsourcing cheap/keeping pay down for decades. Maybe it make everyone else want to be competitive. But there's always a line and budget everyone else can't cross...where it's no worry for the Saudi oil machine.

See City going after Rice. How many clubs do you know that can pay £100mill each for 2 players...and also pay a striker a million a week, and not have to worry financially? They don't even need him.

In that respect it doesn't create fair competition
They won't even play Rice, its just a tactic to restrict competition

The good news is that it’s coming and can’t be stopped, the bad news is that once it’s here it’s going to be ALL you hear about regarding football for the foreseeable

You block it all out.

Most of my mates follow teams in the lower leagues and honestly don't care about the premiership/champions league. They've got their own little football bubble.

We'd just go like that.

I work in the Events industry, and we've really struggled to recruit because
A)The Middle Eastern countries are taking all of the event professionals to work over there.
B) People get paid a fortune for fairly junior roles so apply for jobs they aren't qualified for due to the lower salaries here.

I've had several approaches to go and work over there, but I wouldn't entertain the idea, despite the fact I could earn enough in 2 or 3 years to retire on.

I'm surprised at the lack of morals, but it's the same in my industry, not many people see the problem, and my LinkedIn is full of people celebrating the events they've worked over there.
Turn any country under the microscope and we are all morally corrupt.
You can’t defend the regime, but equally the British history is also filled with bloodshed and pollution.
So in short… grab the money and run…

Bring the Super League back and kick em out.

That's how you restore balance to the force

Football is too damaged for things to change now you feel.

I would argue the only way to stem the flow is to essentially do a vote on which clubs want to move to an ESL and which wish to stay domestic - those who stay sign a waiver essentially agreeing to a salary + transfer cap across the board regardless of the clubs revenues/sponsors/wealth of owner and the rest go on there way.

I wouldn't, in no way comparable but I've turned downed jobs in the middle east for more dough than I am on now because of both moral compromises and its simply not where I want to work.

I drink with a fella, who`s an engineer for Siemens and he has worked all over the Middle East.

The stories he tells of the endemic racism and treatment of workers from countries, deemed to be " lower class and expendable " are genuinely shocking.

Segregation, much lower wages, poor living conditions, passports taken off them, horrendous and dangerous working conditions, less time off / breaks and not allowed to have any form of representation.

I drink with a fella, who`s an engineer for Siemens and he has worked all over the Middle East.

The stories he tells of the endemic racism and treatment of workers from countries, deemed to be " lower class and expendable " are genuinely shocking.

Segregation, much lower wages, poor living conditions, passports taken off them, horrendous and dangerous working conditions, less time off / breaks and not allowed to have any form of representation.
Heard the same and in some cases worse things that border on genuine slavery, I'm afraid even my hypocrisy must have some limits

Unlike other sports I’m not sure taking all the best players will work. It’s not like golf were you watch the competition for the players. They could have Mbappe v Haaland out there every week and we’d all still be watching whatever clowns were turning out for Everton. Wouldn’t surprise me if they continue to buy the clubs instead like they’ve done with Newcastle because you can’t buy people’s attention in football just with players. That’s where the money is.

Just hoping they don’t give the RS a silly sum for Salah though and get rid of a financial problem for them

Heard the same and in some cases worse things that border on genuine slavery, I'm afraid even my hypocrisy must have some limits

The European employees are actively discouraged with mixing from workers of the countries deemed to be lower caste.

He tells tales of workers on massive building projects, with no safety equipment, not even scaffolding, just ropes, dying in accidents on a regular basis.

It`s like the world just turns a blind eye, because of the money invloved.

The European employees are actively discouraged with mixing from workers of the countries deemed to be lower caste.

He tells tales of workers on massive building projects, with no safety equipment, not even scaffolding, just ropes, dying in accidents on a regular basis.

It`s like the world just turns a blind eye, because of the money invloved.
Yeah but look how tall our building is. If you stay in it be sure not to miss the brown envelope next to the chocolate on your pillow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back