• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Saudi Arabia Premier league

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they start going for younger players I can very easily foresee a load of retirements by 25/26. What motivation would there be to continue playing football once you've had £100/200m by that age?

Depends on if they want to win stuff.

Someone like Silva won't have motivation as he's won the lot and now he'll probably get £500k a week to play a Sunday league level.

We'd all do it.

Golf is a different game altogether, their tournaments are literally ‘Tours’.

Totally different to domestic leagues. Saudi Arabia will never compete with the top European leagues no matter how much money they throw at it.
I wasn't on about the teams, I am on about Saudi money controlling it. It's the money that is affecting golf not any Saudi golfers.

Can see them cosying up with FIFA pretty easily and being part of the new world club format then they could easily go round outbidding everyone for TV rights.
PL will be tough but other leagues could see it as a way to close the gap with the PL.

The same motivation that players have when they have earned 10m or 20m by that age. It is still enough money to live the rest of their lives in luxury. Once u get a certain amount in the bank account all money after that is irrelevant.
10m does allow them to give these the luxury they have grown used too.
Basically give them 200k - 500k income.
Burn through that easily these footballers.

The golf thing isn't comparable as most of the big names initially turned it down.

Now they're just pumping millions into it to keep everyone happy

They own it now.

They basically bullied the PGA into letting them take over.

Money is no object to PIF, they will attract numerous players of all ages with unlimited riches to entice them.

They will be in the Champions League eventually.
Yeah they will undoubtedly create a separate multi national club tournament, then offer big European teams (plus Newcastle) millions to take part and we get a similar resolution to the LIV/PGA.
FIFA and UEFA are absolute crooks so will be happy with whatever greases their grubby hands.
Football was always going down this route. Just been accelerated wildly the past few weeks. Can see the Germans and possibly French as the only resistance here.
We’ll see the super league revisited in a couple of years I’d guess.

I work in the Events industry, and we've really struggled to recruit because
A)The Middle Eastern countries are taking all of the event professionals to work over there.
B) People get paid a fortune for fairly junior roles so apply for jobs they aren't qualified for due to the lower salaries here.

I've had several approaches to go and work over there, but I wouldn't entertain the idea, despite the fact I could earn enough in 2 or 3 years to retire on.

I'm surprised at the lack of morals, but it's the same in my industry, not many people see the problem, and my LinkedIn is full of people celebrating the events they've worked over there.

A)The Middle Eastern countries are taking all of the event professionals to work over there.
B) People get paid a fortune for fairly junior roles so apply for jobs they aren't qualified for due to the lower salaries here.

I've had several approaches to go and work over there, but I wouldn't entertain the idea, despite the fact I could earn enough in 2 or 3 years to retire on.

I'm surprised at the lack of morals, but it's the same in my industry, not many people see the problem, and my LinkedIn is full of people celebrating the events they've worked over there.
English football has lacked morals for as long as I remember. This is just the consequence.

What exactly is your job position if you dont mind me asking?

It's where it's completely unbalanced. But then again, companies have been outsourcing cheap/keeping pay down for decades. Maybe it make everyone else want to be competitive. But there's always a line and budget everyone else can't cross...where it's no worry for the Saudi oil machine.

See City going after Rice. How many clubs do you know that can pay £100mill each for 2 players...and also pay a striker a million a week, and not have to worry financially? They don't even need him.

In that respect it doesn't create fair competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back