• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Saudi Arabia Premier league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike other sports I’m not sure taking all the best players will work. It’s not like golf were you watch the competition for the players. They could have Mbappe v Haaland out there every week and we’d all still be watching whatever clowns were turning out for Everton. Wouldn’t surprise me if they continue to buy the clubs instead like they’ve done with Newcastle because you can’t buy people’s attention in football just with players. That’s where the money is.

Just hoping they don’t give the RS a silly sum for Salah though and get rid of a financial problem for them
We’ll continue watching Everton but i can imagine there are lots of casual fans around the world who wouldn’t hesitate to switch to a more glamorous league

You block it all out.

Most of my mates follow teams in the lower leagues and honestly don't care about the premiership/champions league. They've got their own little football bubble.

We'd just go like that.
We'll need to do that after this season :oops:

Unlike other sports I’m not sure taking all the best players will work. It’s not like golf were you watch the competition for the players. They could have Mbappe v Haaland out there every week and we’d all still be watching whatever clowns were turning out for Everton. Wouldn’t surprise me if they continue to buy the clubs instead like they’ve done with Newcastle because you can’t buy people’s attention in football just with players. That’s where the money is.

Just hoping they don’t give the RS a silly sum for Salah though and get rid of a financial problem for them
Think you are over playing the roll of the “legacy fans” in the Saudi plan.
Most money comes from tv fans. Big stars attract the big subscription. But more than that, mbappe v haaland becomes a show case game to go to. Fans start traveling to Saudi to watch games. Lack of pub crawls might stop British fans going but Saudi Arabia can pull the fans from China, the Arab world and India. There is a lot of new money there

Think you are over playing the roll of the “legacy fans” in the Saudi plan.
Most money comes from tv fans. Big stars attract the big subscription. But more than that, mbappe v haaland becomes a show case game to go to. Fans start traveling to Saudi to watch games. Lack of pub crawls might stop British fans going but Saudi Arabia can pull the fans from China, the Arab world and India. There is a lot of new money there
Id rather go on a yoga retreat

With the hard line stance the middle eastern governments have towards illicit drugs, have all these players jumping ship for one last payday in the sun considered playing life without their inhalers?

This is brilliant. Sport sold its soul many moons ago, yet now the Saudis are involved and taking our precious game from Europe the Premier League need to intervene according to Carragher lol

FIFA, the FA, UEFA, and all the other corrupt governing bodies created this and are now reaping the consequences. You could see it a mile off years ago. Did people really think the Saudis would be satisfied with just having a dusty F1 track?

Perhaps this will be the straw that finally breaks the camel’s back. It’s great entertainment regardless.

This is brilliant. Sport sold its soul many moons ago, yet now the Saudis are involved and taking our precious game from Europe the Premier League need to intervene according to Carragher lol

FIFA, the FA, UEFA, and all the other corrupt governing bodies created this and are now reaping the consequences. You could see it a mile off years ago. Did people really think the Saudis would be satisfied with just having a dusty F1 track?

Perhaps this will be the straw that finally breaks the camel’s back. It’s great entertainment regardless.

I mean Chelsea have spent 600m in the last 12 months too haha where's the pundits crying for that.

Short memories, can't remember too many protesting when Qatar bought Neymar for 200m to take him to PSG.

Football has been dead for the best part of 20 years now.

To add to this, a lot of the former players who are complaining were bought by clubs who bought all the bloody league titles they won anyway.

Let it eat itself.

I agree that that would be a good thing, but to see the amounts of money being paid and previously good character players such as Kante, already millionaires ten times over, happy to sell themselves to the Saudis' sportswashing is galling.

I could accept somebody on the breadline agreeing to take a job in Saudi knowing that it could secure their family's future. But for these players who already have enough money for several generations of their families, it's sickening.
Needs all that dolla now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back