• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Saudi Arabia Premier league

Status
Not open for further replies.
They already have a load of average players like Marega and Ighalo. I don’t think they are that interested in improving their national team, like china were.

They're arguably one of the strongest teams in Asia if you consider how many times they've qualified for the WC, alongside winning the Asian and Arab cups.

The Saudi league is by far the strongest in the region too, so bringing in foreign stars will only improve it further. The Chinese league, on the other hand, was...

... was like the Vanarama.
If you remember during the world cup all the stories about how Morocco kickstarted their youth development leading to their success in that tournament, Saudia Arabia have hired the guy who was the brains behind that apparently. So I'd expect them to start improving in a decade or so

They're arguably one of the strongest teams in Asia if you consider how many times they've qualified for the WC, alongside winning the Asian and Arab cups.

The Saudi league is by far the strongest in the region too, so bringing in foreign stars will only improve it further. The Chinese league, on the other hand, was...

And now I think at least 8 Asian sides will make it into the World Cup with the new 48 team set up (I'll have to double check) so they'll always qualify with ease going forwards

And now I think at least 8 Asian sides will make it into the World Cup with the new 48 team set up (I'll have to double check) so they'll always qualify with ease going forwards

2026 allocation goes

Asia = 8, potentially 9
Africa = 9, potentially 10
North and Central America = 6, potentially 7
South America = 6, potentially 7 (there are only 10 teams in the whole confederation)
Oceania = 1, potentially 2 (good time to be New Zealand)
UEFA = 16

Man those galactcos are going to get pissed off pretty quickly when their team mates can't control a ball or make a simple pass
I think you're over egging the lack of ability there. They may not be top level players but I'm sure they're capable of controlling the ball and making passes. The international side regularly qualifies for WC finals and is one of the strongest in a region that has a fair bit of quality.

This could be a blessing in disguise for worse teams like us. If top players like mahrez, Neves and rumoured to be Bernardo Silva are going to Saudi, then it weakens the league which evens the playing field a little bit more for the rest of us

Is football even that popular in China?
Table tennis, basketball too (its big market for NBA), various individual sports like gymnastics and such....
On other hand, for Saudis (and Arab states in general) football is number 1 sport.

Its kinda interesting that in 3 largest countries in the world (China, India, USA) football is relatively unpopular/side sport.

They will be in the Champions League within 5 years
I agree, but I think things will move on from that point.
They won't be satisfied in a competition under UEFA Control.
They, as well as the other "big" clubs will bite the bullet on that point eventually and go their own way.
Saudi money will drive that and their clubs will be at the forefront with the R. Madrid and Barca.

This could be a blessing in disguise for worse teams like us. If top players like mahrez, Neves and rumoured to be Bernardo Silva are going to Saudi, then it weakens the league which evens the playing field a little bit more for the rest of us

We're still crap mate

I agree, but I think things will move on from that point.
They won't be satisfied in a competition under UEFA Control.
They, as well as the other "big" clubs will bite the bullet on that point eventually and go their own way.
Saudi money will drive that and their clubs will be at the forefront with the R. Madrid and Barca.
IMO their influence within FIFA will grow, and we will see the Club World Cup starting to rival the Champions League. They will probably also host a World Cup soon, but I doubt it will be 2030

Massive Al-Hilal fan, I am
As the table confirms I am Delighted that we won the title last season, we have 66 trophies in our history as I understand

Can’t stand those Al-Ittihad small time [Poor language removed]
And don’t get me started on Al Nassr who think they are the dogs but only have 26 trophies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back