• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Saudi Arabia Premier league

Status
Not open for further replies.
All these players have increasing entourages who must be fed. Business managers, agents, mistresses etc.
Plenty of mouths to feed.

Really?? To hell with his morals??

He's moved abroad to play football. Put it in perspective. He's doing his job in another country and getting very well paid for it.

The politics, culture and beliefs of the country have nothing to do with football, the footballers or the amounts of money involved.

........ but I've worked for a military contractor selling arms to Saudi for the last 25 years so what would I know about morals?
You've been sportswashed my good sir.

Quite the opposite. Anyone that thinks footballers should be making a political stand are the ones that have been brainwashed.
They're going to play football just like if they signed for a team in Turkey or Brazil or China. They're just getting a lot of money so some people feel the need to shoot them down for it.
@Walken school this kid, I don't have the time or inclination to even begin on where everything he has said is wrong.

Quite the opposite. Anyone that thinks footballers should be making a political stand are the ones that have been brainwashed.
They're going to play football just like if they signed for a team in Turkey or Brazil or China. They're just getting a lot of money so some people feel the need to shoot them down for it.

Human rights is not a political statement.

Henderson was the one that was out there standing up for human rights, not every captain or player was so forward with their views and what he was saying was good for the LGBTQ+ community. Footballers, sports people, celebrities, have a sounding board like none of us mere mortals do. Henderson decided to stand up and be a voice for the people not in the same position. He has now just basically gave them all a middle finger.

Should we demand the rich and famous to be making these statement, of course not, but when they do it has to come from the heart. It has to be sincere and they have to follow through with what they are saying, Henderson is not doing that and rightly deserves the criticism that will follow.

If somebody making a life changing decision goes there, then you may disagree but you can understand. The fact that this will not make any difference to his life, his families life is the kicker, maybe it will make a difference to his Great, Great, Great Grandchildren. Maybe they won't have to ever work because of his wealth.

Human rights is not a political statement.

Henderson was the one that was out there standing up for human rights, not every captain or player was so forward with their views and what he was saying was good for the LGBTQ+ community. Footballers, sports people, celebrities, have a sounding board like none of us mere mortals do. Henderson decided to stand up and be a voice for the people not in the same position. He has now just basically gave them all a middle finger.

Should we demand the rich and famous to be making these statement, of course not, but when they do it has to come from the heart. It has to be sincere and they have to follow through with what they are saying, Henderson is not doing that and rightly deserves the criticism that will follow.

If somebody making a life changing decision goes there, then you may disagree but you can understand. The fact that this will not make any difference to his life, his families life is the kicker, maybe it will make a difference to his Great, Great, Great Grandchildren. Maybe they won't have to ever work because of his wealth.

The LGBTQ community was never going to be better off with Jordan Henderson playing football in England and it is no worse off by Jordan Henderson playing football in Saudi Arabia. I'd even argue that with players going out to Saudi it could even help the LGBTQ community and human rights in general. Saudi are behind the times, we all know that and they know that. They have a very different culture but they are working very hard on their Vision 2030 through the PIF fund. Saudi is slowly becoming more westernised and with that will come better human rights and more acceptance of LGBTQ rights. If the west shuns them and refuses to go on the journey with them, where does the progress come from? If Saudi football becomes a part of western football then it's a small way to the whole Saudi way of living becoming more aligned to western culture and our views on human rights

The LGBTQ community was never going to be better off with Jordan Henderson playing football in England and it is no worse off by Jordan Henderson playing football in Saudi Arabia. I'd even argue that with players going out to Saudi it could even help the LGBTQ community and human rights in general. Saudi are behind the times, we all know that and they know that. They have a very different culture but they are working very hard on their Vision 2030 through the PIF fund. Saudi is slowly becoming more westernised and with that will come better human rights and more acceptance of LGBTQ rights. If the west shuns them and refuses to go on the journey with them, where does the progress come from? If Saudi football becomes a part of western football then it's a small way to the whole Saudi way of living becoming more aligned to western culture and our views on human rights

Wow, straight out of the kopite reasoning playbook. Not saying you are but that is the warped logic and reasoning a lot of them have been using.

Henderson is going over to save the day. It is a load of tosh.

Also, nobody said the LGBTQ+ community were 'better' off with Henderson playing football. Let us take what he does for a living out of the equation because as I said, it is not just footballers that have a position in society where they can be heard easier than you or me. If a person in the spotlight makes one person feel better about themselves then they have done a good job. What are those people that felt better about themselves, through the words of Henderson, feeling now. I would bet that they are feeling betrayed.

As if Henderson or any of them are going to threaten their newly found wealth by asking to meet up with all of the top guys to ask for/demand change.

I will also add that shunning them and not letting them get away with sports washing is the best way to get them to change, they are basically saying here is a few quid and everybody will look the other way to our archaic, abhorrent beliefs and practices because they are too busy watching Ronaldo, Benzema, Mane, etc. kick a football. If those players came out and said, no, my morals cannot be bought then that is the only way that they would think about changing their laws and practices.

It's not being "behind the times" or "culturally different" when they dismember a journalist on foreign soil, because he criticised the House of Saud.

It's acting like a untouchable bunch of gangsters because they know nobody will say boo to them because oil.

It's not being "behind the times" or "culturally different" when they're committing genocide in Yemen.

You might make that argument about them using their vast wealth to push Wahabbism throughout the Muslim world, I suppose.

Bollocks to the House of Saud and anyone to takes their blood money.

Nobody ought to be doing business with the bastards.

. Saudi is slowly becoming more westernised and with that will come better human rights
The facts say otherwise.

Saudi Arabia is known to be one of the world’s most deadly executioners. Between 2010-2021, at least 1,243 people were executed. In 2022, at least 147 people were executed.

The six bloodiest years of executions in Saudi Arabia’s recent history have all occurred under the leadership of Mohammed bin Salman and King Salman (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2022). From 2015-2022 (King Salman came to power in 2015) there was an average of 129.5 executions per year – that’s a rise of 82%.

There is no sign of Saudi Arabia ending the death penalty. In 2022, at least 147 people were executed, with 81 people killed in a single day.

From the BBC

Saudi Arabian side Al-Hilal want to sign Paris St-Germain and Brazil forward Neymar and plan to meet with the 31-year-old's father. (Footmercato - in French)

Neymar senior is about to have the night of his life by the sound of it
If PSG can get rid of Neymar they will be laughing. Not sure his lifestyle would go down very well though.

He’s a complete buffoon.

We all slag off Saudi football but…

Neves 47 mill to Saudi

Caceido 110 mill to RS
Rice 107(or whatever it was) to arsenal.

We are the issue

They could be getting them for free, for all I care. It is not the money people are disagreeing with (well I am not, anyway), it is the blatant sportswashing they are trying to get away with.

The finances in football are a whole different argument and that has been broken for a long time.

The facts say otherwise.

Saudi Arabia is known to be one of the world’s most deadly executioners. Between 2010-2021, at least 1,243 people were executed. In 2022, at least 147 people were executed.

The six bloodiest years of executions in Saudi Arabia’s recent history have all occurred under the leadership of Mohammed bin Salman and King Salman (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2022). From 2015-2022 (King Salman came to power in 2015) there was an average of 129.5 executions per year – that’s a rise of 82%.

There is no sign of Saudi Arabia ending the death penalty. In 2022, at least 147 people were executed, with 81 people killed in a single day.
Yeah but they are the TV more smiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back