• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Saudi Arabia Premier league

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a teacher, I'm sure I could quadruple my wage out there but it would never appeal to me in the slightest. Gerrard and Henderson are millionaires multiple times over and they still think it's worth selling their soul to a country as grim as Saudi Arabia.

Exactly, it is a redundant argument, if any person had a choice of whether or not to sell their soul it is top level footballers, and golfers. They already have generational wealth, how many generations do you want to live off of what you earned.

Personally I also despise hot weather so that would also be a big factor lol

Exactly, it is a redundant argument, if any person had a choice of whether or not to sell their soul it is top level footballers, and golfers. They already have generational wealth, how many generations do you want to live off of what you earned.

Personally I also despise hot weather so that would also be a big factor lol
But you get nine wives!

As a teacher, I'm sure I could quadruple my wage out there but it would never appeal to me in the slightest. Gerrard and Henderson are millionaires multiple times over and they still think it's worth selling their soul to a country as grim as Saudi Arabia.
As a teacher would you go to work out there on a 2 year contract for £700k a week?

I doubt many people would say no so why do you expect footballers to say no. Just because they've got a few million in the bank doesn't mean they should say no to getting many, many more millions in the bank.

As a teacher would you go to work out there on a 2 year contract for £700k a week?

I doubt many people would say no so why do you expect footballers to say no. Just because they've got a few million in the bank doesn't mean they should say no to getting many, many more millions in the bank.
No teacher is getting offered that though. That would set them up for life, whereas someone like Jordan Henderson will never need to work again regardless of moving there or not. It’s rank hypocrisy and unfettered greed.

Reckon St Jord has sommet north of £40m in the bank mate. Unless he has been an idiot with his cash. (Wouldnt be the first). I said a while ago, its the Man in the Mirror stuff. That is down to him, not me.

And maybe I am odd, but no one can buy me. Or my values. So if Everton offered me £700k a week to put the cones out, sound. Liverpool? No chance.

I think we are definitely witnessing the death of football as we know it. This buying up of talent will continue for another 5 years. Then they will demand places in the champions league, they'll be refused, they will start their own competition and invite Europe's "Elite". They will break away and start an NFL style super league. The premier league will either fold, or it will be of Championship/league one quality. Really sad to think that within a decade I probably won't be watching the sport I have loved for over 30 years. Football without promotion/relegation isn't football for me.
A lot of Championship sides have the quality to absolutely rinse PL era sides from 30 years ago. If a drop in quality to Championship level is something that would prevent you from watching the sport then you've in no way 'loved' it.

A theoretical breakaway 'Super League' in no way abolishes promotion and relegation in our domestic leagues.

A lot of Championship sides have the quality to absolutely rinse PL era sides from 30 years ago. If a drop in quality to Championship level is something that would prevent you from watching the sport then you've in no way 'loved' it.

A theoretical breakaway 'Super League' in no way abolishes promotion and relegation in our domestic leagues.
Fair comment, but I don’t think that the premier league, or what is left of it gets anywhere near the same tv revenue or sponsorship levels once the Saudi super league takes the ‘Elite’ clubs away, and I’m sure there will be a drop off in attendance too without Merseyside derbies and games against city etc. It could have enormous consequences for the game in England

Yes it does, if you value anything other than money at all. Its a personal choice but it is still a choice.

Reckon St Jord has sommet north of £40m in the bank mate. Unless he has been an idiot with his cash. (Wouldnt be the first). I said a while ago, its the Man in the Mirror stuff. That is down to him, not me.

And maybe I am odd, but no one can buy me. Or my values. So if Everton offered me £700k a week to put the cones out, sound. Liverpool? No chance.
Well said.

It does leave a potential gaping hole in finances and the ability to fulfill obligations and contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back