• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Saudi Arabia Premier league

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are definitely witnessing the death of football as we know it. This buying up of talent will continue for another 5 years. Then they will demand places in the champions league, they'll be refused, they will start their own competition and invite Europe's "Elite". They will break away and start an NFL style super league. The premier league will either fold, or it will be of Championship/league one quality. Really sad to think that within a decade I probably won't be watching the sport I have loved for over 30 years. Football without promotion/relegation isn't football for me.

I think we are definitely witnessing the death of football as we know it. This buying up of talent will continue for another 5 years. Then they will demand places in the champions league, they'll be refused, they will start their own competition and invite Europe's "Elite". They will break away and start an NFL style super league. The premier league will either fold, or it will be of Championship/league one quality. Really sad to think that within a decade I probably won't be watching the sport I have loved for over 30 years. Football without promotion/relegation isn't football for me.

I think you’re maybe being a bit premature after a few journeyman go to Saudi Arabia for a final payout. Maybe give it a season or two before thinking this is the end of footie.

Be great to see the corrupt PL fold. Won’t happen though.

Hope Saudi cause a lot of bother and stir things up. Be good to see the forever elite CL clubs worrying about their stars leaving to join the Saudi circus.

I think it is very premature to start thinking that all of football is dead.

Also, what I would suggest is to go and watch your lower league side. If you love football and enjoy contributing to a true community feel then do that. The Saudi's can look to have a major impact (negatively) on top level football but it probably will never effect lower league football, in a negative way.

Also, there is some good football played in the Championship and lower, you are doing it a disservice.

I think the reason they won't do that is because they're generally brainwashed from a very young age into reading and living their lives by the incredibly strict readings from the Qur'an and living by Islamic Law and it's so-called actions from the Prophet Muhammed.

A combination of these three - the Qur'an, living under Islamic Law and guidance gained by the Prophet Muhammed's actions - is a deadly cocktail for women, homosexuals and pretty thieves:

Dare to dress a certain way and you may be punished by being raped and subsequently stoned to death.

Dare to be attracted to people of the same gender and you will find yourself being the week's community entertainment when parents and children are invited to watch you being hanged.

Do something as petty as stealing a chicken and you'll get your arm tied to a plank of wood and get your hand hacked off.

But hey, if you can put your morals to one side it's a great society to live in for a few years to top up your already bursting bank balance. You wouldn't have been able to spend the money you already had in your lifetime and now your great, great, great grandchildren will also struggle to spend what's been left to them.

TOON TOON BARMY ARMY

Football would be better for the “big six” having left the league when they tried to start the super league.

Honestly watching a plainly fixed league every week has turned me off football far more than if the RS bogged off to Saudi.

As a teacher, I'm sure I could quadruple my wage out there but it would never appeal to me in the slightest. Gerrard and Henderson are millionaires multiple times over and they still think it's worth selling their soul to a country as grim as Saudi Arabia.
Same, its laughable that the defence on here is that these millionaires had no choice but to bend to greed, people of course then project telling everyone they would do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back