• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Saudi Arabia Premier league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saudis have unlimited cash but I can’t honestly believe fans will be tuning into the Saudi League during the season

I don't condone any of Saudi's anti-homosexual laws but I think as a society, the West has a lot to learn from these Middle Eastern states with countries like Singapore included. You also seem to think rape is prevalent in the ME when it's clearly the opposite. In fact, Midde Eastern nations have notoriously lowest rape rates on the face of this planet because of how strict the authorities on crime like this.

Countries like Dubai and Qatar have been extremely successful with crime and safety and that's largely down to the fact how strict they are with crime. The reason why cities like Dubai and Singapore are the cities everyone desires to move to is all down to how they are governed.
Which is why Andrew Tate would never move to one, right?

What do you think of the strength of the Saudi league?

Maybe among the lowest reported or prosecuted rape rates. If you are a woman that is viewed as a second class citizen by law, do you really think they are going to get a fair trial when it comes to rape?
I was going to say the same. Shamefully and wrongly, in many societies rape brings shame on the victim and their families, so to report is a difficult thing to do.

Particularly true in Muslim societies, I'm afraid.
I didn't want to get into the specific of certain nations and cultures, but yes. While it's fair to talk about how football and players may integrate into their culture...

... I worry a certain post on the previous page may sway this thread a bit too far from where it should be, as alluded to by @Yarrgh.

I didn't want to get into the specific of certain nations and cultures, but yes. While it's fair to talk about how football and players may integrate into their culture...

... I worry a certain post on the previous page may sway this thread a bit too far from where it should be, as alluded to by @Yarrgh.
Good point. Football and ridiculous spending.

USA tried it years ago, Japan had a crack at it, China not so long ago. Now it is Saudi Arabias turn. You could even claim England and Spain have been doing it to smaller nations forever.

It's nothing new and will all be forgotten in 5 years, ready for the next nation to try the same thing and hope for a different outcome

I was going to say the same. Shamefully and wrongly, in many societies rape brings shame on the victim and their families, so to report is a difficult thing to do.
Every single country suffers from this problem, not just Saudi. Even in the UK, fewer than 5% of the cases actually lead to a charge so it's not even a Saudi/ME thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back