• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Scottish football

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 28206
  • Start date Start date
The Harry's hitting a fantastic run off form, at the unbelievable right time.
A long season, continuing till today.
Nothing against the staggies, but if they drop ,it might be of small comfort to the caley fans,who performed better than their team ,yesterday....tad unfair, I guess, against a fantastic Tim eleven.
Thistle been very impressive since Kris Doolan became manager. We played them 3 times and lost 4-0 in the league and then 4-3, 4-0 in the play off after beating them the first 3 times played them this season. I hope they go up as they deserve to on current form.

Thistle been very impressive since Kris Doolan became manager. We played them 3 times and lost 4-0 in the league and then 4-3, 4-0 in the play off after beating them the first 3 times played them this season. I hope they go up as they deserve to on current form.

Whats the news on the new Dundee stadium?

English obviously.

Feel like you’re going to say something stupid about Germany so I’ll stop you right here as you’ll have completely missed the point.
Arrogance at it's best here, how are you obviously English?
You're so presumptious, why would I say something stupid about Germany? and how have I completely missed what point exactly?

Last edited:

Didnt they, didnt know that. Im just going by what read on a QP forum re them joining it then somebody saying QP were interested in place of Aberdeen when they withdrew, so presumed they joined.
Technically nobody has joined the proposed Conference League as it doesn’t exist. Celtic, Rangers, Hearts have three teams in the Lowland League so are obviously voting in favour . As Aberdeen said they’d vote against it, it leaves one place open , which from your comments I’m assuming QP have expressed an interest in. Although I’ve also read that QP are now proposing to vote No , along with quite a number of Scottish League clubs, in fact I haven’t come across a “ Yes “ club , presumably Celtic , Rangers and Hearts are Yes.

The AGM when the vote is scheduled to take place is this Tuesday , so we’ll know more then .

Technically nobody has joined the proposed Conference League as it doesn’t exist. Celtic, Rangers, Hearts have three teams in the Lowland League so are obviously voting in favour . As Aberdeen said they’d vote against it, it leaves one place open , which from your comments I’m assuming QP have expressed an interest in. Although I’ve also read that QP are now proposing to vote No , along with quite a number of Scottish League clubs, in fact I haven’t come across a “ Yes “ club , presumably Celtic , Rangers and Hearts are Yes.

The AGM when the vote is scheduled to take place is this Tuesday , so we’ll know more then .

In regards to a "conference league", I think there is a way around which stops so many clubs being automatically relegated into a Lower tier.

First by doing the obvious step of removing a tier.

Scottish Premiership (12 clubs)
Scottish Championship (20 clubs)
Scottish League One (10 clubs)

Why the Scottish league has four tiers is beyond me.

A 20 club championship would be great IMO.

Even better , the four tiers should be reduced to 2.

If you’d paid any attention to this forum you’d know I’m English. What nationality did you think I was?
I pay attention to the conversations about Scottish football on here, why are you so concerned about people's nationality on here?, does it matter?, and before you point it out I was merely being flippant in asking yours, it's really of no concern to me.

In regards to a "conference league", I think there is a way around which stops so many clubs being automatically relegated into a Lower tier.

First by doing the obvious step of removing a tier.

Scottish Premiership (12 clubs)
Scottish Championship (20 clubs)
Scottish League One (10 clubs)

Why the Scottish league has four tiers is beyond me.

A 20 club championship would be great IMO.

Even better , the four tiers should be reduced to 2.
As you may remember many years ago mate they used to have the two.leagues but for whatever reasons they've tinkered with it a few times since though tbf it's been in it's current setup for a few years now.
This top/bottom league split in the SPL has always made me laugh.
I would like to see some sort of shake up which would favour the small clubs though tbh I have no idea what format that would take.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back