• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Scottish football

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 28206
  • Start date Start date

In regards to a "conference league", I think there is a way around which stops so many clubs being automatically relegated into a Lower tier.

First by doing the obvious step of removing a tier.

Scottish Premiership (12 clubs)
Scottish Championship (20 clubs)
Scottish League One (10 clubs)

Why the Scottish league has four tiers is beyond me.

A 20 club championship would be great IMO.

Even better , the four tiers should be reduced to 2.
Well that doesn’t affect the basic principle by changing the number of tiers ie if a Conference League comes in a large number of clubs in the Lowland/Highland league will be relegated a tier . That is if they have ambitions to eventually get into the “ Scottish Leagues” they will have to win their league, get promoted to the Conference, then get promoted from the Conference to whatever is the lowest level of the Scottish League system.

What you’re proposing re the current Leagues may we’ll make sense certainly in respect of only 3 leagues , the main advantage at the moment of smaller leagues is that many more clubs are involved in fighting for promotion/ relegation/play off places.
A bit disjointed as half way through I realised I needed to concentrate on Ross County!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back