• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Scottish football

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 28206
  • Start date Start date
That’s been some season for the Staggies, they looked like being relegated many times , fought their way out of bottom spot , couldn’t escape the play-off spot , looked dead and buried again today but saw it through 👏👏
Jeezy peeps, what a great spectacle that game was tonight, congratulations Ross County, commiserations to Partick Thistle.

Police advice at Dingwall....

That was absolutely ridiculous. It was Patrick Thistle fans, ffs! It wasn't Galatasaray. In Scotland it would appear local police officers can hand their team an advantage.

God help us if Police Scotland officers in Glasgow get hold of this. Every penalty shoot out will be in front of The Rangers supporters. 😏

View attachment 212707Someone please tell me how this guy doesn't find a thistle player? The moment a season was thrown away and defined. Sickening. From the elation of staying up, to this. It's awful following Partick Thistle and Everton.
Partick Thistle are for bench sitters who want to stay out of the Old Firm rivalry.

What a waste of time.

How on earth did you start folowing a club like that?

Partick Thistle are for bench sitters who want to stay out of the Old Firm rivalry.

What a waste of time.

How on earth did you start folowing a club like that?
Played with their youth side when I was a youngster.

My dad's cousin and best friend also played for them when I was young.

I absolutely abhor bigotry in all shapes and forms and being from Glasgow, it was only Thistle and Queen's Park who do not exhibit it on a regular basis.

That good enough reason for you?

I absolutely abhor bigotry in all shapes and forms and being from Glasgow, it was only Thistle and Queen's Park who do not exhibit it on a regular basis.

Being a Partick supporter might feel similar to being a Stockport County supporter in some ways, with those two big bastards looming over you and hoovering up potential supporters

I respect anyone who chooses Partick over the lure of the Old Firm. Proper football fans

Yes.

Being a Partick supporter might feel similar to being a Stockport County supporter in some ways, with those two big bastards looming over you and hoovering up potential supporters

I respect anyone who chooses Partick over the lure of the Old Firm. Proper football fans

Spot on.

You also have to give a lot of credit, to the parents / family, who don`t take the easy of option, of taking their kids to a " glamorous " club and take them to their local club, where ever that may be.

Whats the news on the new Dundee stadium?
You mean Lesser Hampden? Theyve made a complete joke of it and still not ready for the new season, so I think probably going to be playing elsewhere for the start of the new season, again. The committee and CEO are a joke and just keeping quiet with everything especially Leeann Dempster who said on numerous times last season the ground will be finished and ready soon, but never materialised. It just looks totally stupid and they changed the plans for it. The stand just behind big Hampden is nearly finished, if not already, but opposite they changed from a stand along the rest of that side side of the ground into a small 40 seater stand just for the committee, hospitality guests. I think they maybe putting up a stand behind the goal at the Somerville Drive end but nobody knows. If Cove and put up 2 temporary stands behind the goals ina few weeks at the start of last season, why cant QP instead of having a small 900 seat stand thats just a glorified bus stop. The whole club is becoming a joke and laughing stock around scottish football with their keep quiet tell nobody anything attitude. The only thing about the ground that looks excellent is the pitch!!!

Technically nobody has joined the proposed Conference League as it doesn’t exist. Celtic, Rangers, Hearts have three teams in the Lowland League so are obviously voting in favour . As Aberdeen said they’d vote against it, it leaves one place open , which from your comments I’m assuming QP have expressed an interest in. Although I’ve also read that QP are now proposing to vote No , along with quite a number of Scottish League clubs, in fact I haven’t come across a “ Yes “ club , presumably Celtic , Rangers and Hearts are Yes.

The AGM when the vote is scheduled to take place is this Tuesday , so we’ll know more then .
I dont really know anything about it tbh and just what read on a QP forum about it. Know what you mean it technically doesnt exist. QP were apparently reported to have an interest in it after it said that Aberdeen no longer interested, but QP no longer interested in it. Dont know if that was genuine interest from the club or just a journalism report on a slow story day.

In regards to a "conference league", I think there is a way around which stops so many clubs being automatically relegated into a Lower tier.

First by doing the obvious step of removing a tier.

Scottish Premiership (12 clubs)
Scottish Championship (20 clubs)
Scottish League One (10 clubs)

Why the Scottish league has four tiers is beyond me.

A 20 club championship would be great IMO.

Even better , the four tiers should be reduced to 2.
I would go with you in just having 2 Leagues. The 10 team leagues just get minotinous playing each team 4 times a year and more if drawn in cup competitions. in 21/22 when QP were in League 1 they played Airdrie 8 times, 4 times in League, League Cup, Challenge Cup and then twice in the play offs.

Brendan Rodgers being mentioned with the Celtic job if you can believe that lol

This is going to be his career loop now isn't it?

Re-build reputation at Celtic, get a job in England, balls up the job in England, go back to Celtic to re-build reputation, cycle begins again

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back