• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Scottish football

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 28206
  • Start date Start date
I can tell you that Naismith does a lot of work for charity that goes under the radar. The lad is so humble.
His wife's aunt works in my local Sainsbury Local and she's talked about him to me and how he's so down to earth and does lots for charity. I know he does a lot of charity work for the homeless in Glasgow and pays for christmas dinners each year and things like that.

Tony Docherty in at Dundee...
Was he not appointed last week at Dundee? Read that as they signed somebody from St Mirren last week as his first signing and signing Scott Tiffoney from Partick Thistle once his contract is up this month. Was hoping QP might have signed Tiffoney this summer, as one of his mates was telling me, Owen Coyle nearly signed him last summer but was still suffering from long covid or just getting over it.

His wife's aunt works in my local Sainsbury Local and she's talked about him to me and how he's so down to earth and does lots for charity. I know he does a lot of charity work for the homeless in Glasgow and pays for christmas dinners each year and things like that.

He did a lot down here too. Never mentioned it either. Very humble.

Was he not appointed last week at Dundee? Read that as they signed somebody from St Mirren last week as his first signing and signing Scott Tiffoney from Partick Thistle once his contract is up this month. Was hoping QP might have signed Tiffoney this summer, as one of his mates was telling me, Owen Coyle nearly signed him last summer but was still suffering from long covid or just getting over it.
Not sure tbh.
Watching the news and he was speaking about the club.
Questionable methods when he was at pittodrie, but that was as a no2.
Hope he does well .

Read hes been made the Technical Director of Hearts as he doesnt have the UEFA licence to qualify him as manager and Frank McAvoy, whoever he is, been made manager
McAvoy named as Head Coach in name only. Naismith is in charge.

I’m think he’s a good appointment. Hearts improved their style in the final seven matches. Very attack minded.

McAvoy named as Head Coach in name only. Naismith is in charge.

I’m think he’s a good appointment. Hearts improved their style in the final seven matches. Very attack minded.
Got you. Actually when think about it I do remember the name Frank McAvoy. Was he manager at Preston last year or sometime recently?

Beats playing "home" games at places like Falkirk, Stenhousemuir 30 odd miles away. It'll be good to finally get back to the southside of Glasgow after 3 years of Away games, technically. Playing the first few games at Lesser, despite it still not being fully ready, then moving to Hampden in September once the pitch been renovated and let the construction work at Lesser finally get the ground finished, now theres an in house team to sort things and speed it up and they cant have supporters there while its going on, so thtas why the move to Hampden for the season.

On the manager front they could be getting the Assistant Manager of Anderlecht, Robin Veldman, as manager as heard they could be going down the foreign manager route.

Beats playing "home" games at places like Falkirk, Stenhousemuir 30 odd miles away. It'll be good to finally get back to the southside of Glasgow after 3 years of Away games, technically. Playing the first few games at Lesser, despite it still not being fully ready, then moving to Hampden in September once the pitch been renovated and let the construction work at Lesser finally get the ground finished, now theres an in house team to sort things and speed it up and they cant have supporters there while its going on, so thtas why the move to Hampden for the season.

On the manager front they could be getting the Assistant Manager of Anderlecht, Robin Veldman, as manager as heard they could be going down the foreign manager route.
What's the rumours with Coyle?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back