• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Scottish football

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 28206
  • Start date Start date
It depends on their spending.

When Beale took over Celtic had a 9 point lead on rangers. That gap stayed the same. Therefore he kept pace with Celtic in the second half of the season he's had there.
Celtic were wearing sombrero's the last few league games Dave, totally switched off to focus on the cup game for another treble, don't let your dislike for Brenda (which we all have) cloud your judgement too much over Celtic's dominance continuing up up here should he take over, Rangers do not have the spending power to match Celtic.

Celtic were wearing sombrero's the last few league games Dave, totally switched off to focus on the cup game for another treble, don't let your dislike for Brenda (which we all have) cloud your judgement too much over Celtic's dominance continuing up up here should he take over, Rangers do not have the spending power to match Celtic.
I dont. I wanted him here.

But the fact remains that if Celtic are caught by rangers then Rodgers is going to be seen as the reason and all hell will break loose.

It depends on their spending.

When Beale took over Celtic had a 9 point lead on rangers. That gap stayed the same. Therefore he kept pace with Celtic in the second half of the season he's had there.

Rangers finished the season with 92 points in a season in which they had two managers and two of their best players downed tools.

Beale has definitely improved them, and the two players he signed look like very good signings. I reckon they'll be strong challengers this season..

Having said that, you'd like to think our referees might consider awarding the odd penalty for the plethora of handball offences Rangers players commit.

Goldson was allowed to handle the ball with an alarming regularly, and he appears to think he's one of those 70's goalkeepers who used to run around the penalty box bouncing the ball...

Rangers finished the season with 92 points in a season in which they had two managers and two of their best players downed tools.

Beale has definitely improved them, and the two players he signed look like very good signings. I reckon they'll be strong challengers this season..

Having said that, you'd like to think our referees might consider awarding the odd penalty for the plethora of handball offences Rangers players commit.

Goldson was allowed to handle the ball with an alarming regularly, and he appears to think he's one of those 70's goalkeepers who used to run around the penalty box bouncing the ball...
I can easily see Rodgers not getting a good reaction from those players at Celtic and struggling to keep ahead of rangers. The animosity that's there for Rodgers will be toxic at that point. Some Celtic fans are ok with his return but there are many others who will seize every misstep he makes as a vindication that allowing 'the rat' back was a major error.

Celtic need to rethink this. He was supposed to sign yesterday according to all the ITKs but he didn't. That Celtic owner and board have the weekend to come to their senses and switch to another option.

Robin Veldman has been appointed new Queen's Park manager. Something different and an interesting appointment, and with his time at Ajax and Anderlecht both where he was thought of highly can only be good. Hopefully a good season ahead but dont think will be like last season and possibly a play off place or thereabouts at best I think.

Unusual sights today in NE Scotland on an international fitba day..
The array of shirts.
On my delivery job....
An old Middlesbrough top.
Celtic top x2
Rangers top holding a tinnie..9am
Arsenal tops x2
Man.utd x2
Dandies..multiple.
And a GAA top ....

Irrelevant post.
I know, but,Kenwright saga is dragging me down

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back