• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Scottish football

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 28206
  • Start date Start date

Cant believe Rodgers has gone back there.

He could easily have waited out a good PL club. Being a slum landlord must pay well if he's taking up a wage up there and turning down a lucrative one down here.

That'll end in tears for Celtic. A lot of their fans will stay silent as long as they keep ahead of rangers by a healthy distance, but if it gets tight the knifes will be right out.

He could easily have waited out a good PL club. Being a slum landlord must pay well if he's taking up a wage up there and turning down a lucrative one down here.

That'll end in tears for Celtic. A lot of their fans will stay silent as long as they keep ahead of rangers by a healthy distance, but if it gets tight the knifes will be right out.
Not a surprise to me he's gone back,
I don’t think English clubs would have been queuing out of the door for him tbh Dave, I hear what you say if Celtic trail Rangers but I really don't see that happening.
I think Rogers will bring them continued success but it will eventually end in tears when he is tempted back to the PL, he is motivated by money and the spotlight and like before sees Celtic as an easy stepping stone back to that existence.

Not a surprise to me he's gone back,
I don’t think English clubs would have been queuing out of the door for him tbh Dave, I hear what you say if Celtic trail Rangers but I really don't see that happening.
I think Rogers will bring them continued success but it will eventually end in tears when he is tempted back to the PL, he is motivated by money and the spotlight and like before sees Celtic as an easy stepping stone back to that existence.
I think there would have been. And early into the season.

He did a good job at Leicester.

Celtic: he wins a title and so what? That's not ambition. In all likelihood he'll struggle to get on top of that role again too.

Seems daft to me.

The party line...highest paid Celtic manager....
The mugs will fall for that rubbish.

I think there would have been. And early into the season.

He did a good job at Leicester.

Celtic: he wins a title and so what? That's not ambition. In all likelihood he'll struggle to get on top of that role again too.

Seems daft to me.
Time will tell Dave, it obviously ended in tears at Leicester this season let's not forget.

Yes winning titles doesn't show ambition it doesn't need to, It was winning trophies at Celtic that again brought him to the attention of PL clubs after he'd been sacked from the RS and he's hoping that that'll be the case again.

I can assure you if there had been an offer on the table from an EPL club he would not be back at Parkhead.

Time will tell Dave, it obviously ended in tears at Leicester this season let's not forget.

Yes winning titles doesn't show ambition it doesn't need to, It was winning trophies at Celtic that again brought him to the attention of PL clubs after he'd been sacked from the RS and he's hoping that that'll be the case again.

I can assure you if there had been an offer on the table from an EPL club he would not be back at Parkhead.
Rodgers would get a job in the PL in an instant and at a better club than B'mouth now they just sacked O'Neil.

Rodgers going back to Celtic is a baffling one for two reasons: 1/ I dont think grudges will disappear for loads of Celtic fans even if he continues where he left off last time, and 2/ I cant see what Rodgers gets out of a return to the SPL.

It's a head scratcher. It shows a lack of ambition in the Celtic boardroom and a huge lack of credibility in turning to a man who left them mid-season, and it shows Rodgers up as a man who's lost his way completely.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back