• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Scottish football

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 28206
  • Start date Start date
Yeahhh, proper live football is back! Buckie Thistle beat Division 2 Peterhead 3-2 in a friendly last night. Glorious sunshine first half , no floodlights needed despite 8 pm kick off, crap referee who awarded 2 dubious penalties to Peterhead, 3 or 4 yellow cards, a couple of well worked Buckie goals , new signings look promising . Roll on the start of the Highland League proper, the perfect antidote to the sufferings Everton inflict on you!

Not apologising might bite Rodgers in the bum if things aren't going well

I don't see why he has to apologise. He was offered a job he thought was better and he accepted it. Any 'apology' would be completely fake.

I don't blame anyone for leaving the SPFL to go to the EPL. My only problem with Rodgers leaving was when he left, in the middle of the season. If he had waited until the end of the season, like Postecoglou, would have had no problem with him whatsoever.

I see Rodgers crashing and burning very quickly if he's nowhere near enjoying complete dominance over rangers.

There's a lot of Celtic supporters who'll be all over him if their supremacy over rangers diminishes in any way.

He'll be out of there in about 18 months IMO. There'll be no shortage of knives being pulled out on him if this doesn't go like Rodgers first period in charge.
Just like Ange “ out by Christmas “ . Beale will be emptied before Rodgers

Time will tell Dave, it obviously ended in tears at Leicester this season let's not forget.

Yes winning titles doesn't show ambition it doesn't need to, It was winning trophies at Celtic that again brought him to the attention of PL clubs after he'd been sacked from the RS and he's hoping that that'll be the case again.

I can assure you if there had been an offer on the table from an EPL club he would not be back at Parkhead.
You can’t assure anyone . You don’t know what goes on inside his or anyone else’s head. There’s a bloke who goes to every Celtic game from ballymena , I won’t mention his name , but people who follow Celtic away will know him . Rodgers brother goes on the bus he runs and as such through him he’s a personal friend of Rodgers. He told our bus convenor that BR had more than a few offers on the table other than Celtic, but was taking the Celtic job, days before it was public.I didn’t particularly want him , but whether people like it or not he is a very good coach with a decent record and would have got another decent English job fairly quickly . Doesn’t matter what you or I think of him personally , he is very well thought of from within the game. For Celtic he represents a safe pair of hands .I’ve no doubt hell eventually move on again, but do you know what … it is what it is . It’s the here and now and he was the best man available for the job

Just like Ange “ out by Christmas “ . Beale will be emptied before Rodgers

I think he's a very good coach. But if it gets tight in that league after the procession it's been then that could get sour for Rodgers very quickly. Beale held Celtic in the period he took over and that gap there when he took over rangers remained the same by the season's end. I dont think he'll be a pushover.

So you know a bloke from Ballymena who you're not going to name whose a personal friend of Rodgers brother who told the bus convenor.............
Mate I've got an opinion and you won't change that, Rodgers is vain and money orientated, he says he's staying regardless for 3 years well we'll see, if he is a success which I do believe he will be and he does make it to the end of those 3 years he will be off again as quick as his little legs will carry him as his stock will be high again.

Rodgers does not have a plan B which he needed at Leicester and currently his reputation is undeniably a little dented

Rodgers and Celtic need each other at the moment but there's no convincing me that there were better offers for him on the table.

You can’t assure anyone . You don’t know what goes on inside his or anyone else’s head. There’s a bloke who goes to every Celtic game from ballymena , I won’t mention his name , but people who follow Celtic away will know him . Rodgers brother goes on the bus he runs and as such through him he’s a personal friend of Rodgers. He told our bus convenor that BR had more than a few offers on the table other than Celtic, but was taking the Celtic job, days before it was public.I didn’t particularly want him , but whether people like it or not he is a very good coach with a decent record and would have got another decent English job fairly quickly . Doesn’t matter what you or I think of him personally , he is very well thought of from within the game. For Celtic he represents a safe pair of hands .I’ve no doubt hell eventually move on again, but do you know what … it is what it is . It’s the here and now and he was the best man available for the job.

One of Brendan Rodgers brothers started a rumour years back that Neill Lennon was taking over at Everton. Lots of people in Belfast lost alot of money listening to his 'inside info'.

I don't see why he has to apologise. He was offered a job he thought was better and he accepted it. Any 'apology' would be completely fake.

I don't blame anyone for leaving the SPFL to go to the EPL. My only problem with Rodgers leaving was when he left, in the middle of the season. If he had waited until the end of the season, like Postecoglou, would have had no problem with him whatsoever.

It's not the fact he left, it's the way he left I think, especially as there's suggestion that Leicester would have let him stay for the remainder of the season but he insisted on going as early as possible

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back