• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Scottish football

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 28206
  • Start date Start date
What's the rumours with Coyle?
He left 3 days after QP got put out the Premiership play off against Thistle and dont know where he'll end up as not heard a thing. One of my mates said if they didnt get promoted he would probably end up at Dundee Utd or Aberdeen but theyve since appointed Goodwin and Robson. He was a good manager and got them playing good passing attacking football but the last few months of the season were hard to watch and pretty shocking as he didnt have a plan B and just played the same way even though everybody saw it wasnt working and only won 2 games

He left 3 days after QP got put out the Premiership play off against Thistle and dont know where he'll end up as not heard a thing. One of my mates said if they didnt get promoted he would probably end up at Dundee Utd or Aberdeen but theyve since appointed Goodwin and Robson. He was a good manager and got them playing good passing attacking football but the last few months of the season were hard to watch and pretty shocking as he didnt have a plan B and just played the same way even though everybody saw it wasnt working and only won 2 games
Coyle always seems to start well with clubs then falls away and never seems to last too long thereafter. You may have hot the nail on the head with his failure to have a plan B in his armoury.

Coyle always seems to start well with clubs then falls away and never seems to last too long thereafter. You may have hot the nail on the head with his failure to have a plan B in his armoury.
Even in interviews after games he would still say they were playing well and praising the players when it was the total opposite in the game. Some of the signings he made were also pretty poor. For example Josh McPake on loan from Rangers had an attitude problem, Stephen Eze a big 6' 6" central defender and Nigerian international with 16 caps who he had at the Indian team he was at last year turned out to be pretty poor, also the Simon Murray situation and the way it was done and not replacing him properly as think thats what cost us in the promotion race with his goals. He started off well and got them playing good football, like said but fell away big time as other teams sussed his tactics out and he didnt have a clue how to rectify it and still played the same way. Also the Scottish Cup mess and getting thrown out and then ICT getting back in and making it to the final!!! Why did he pick Euan Henderson in the first place!!

Amazing to me if Rodgers goes back:

1/ the ill feeling him against him is always going to be there and he'll get no leeway from Celtic fans if they dont continue to win
2/ he could easily wait for a few months and get another PL club with certainty

I dont see this happening.

Amazing to me if Rodgers goes back:

1/ the ill feeling him against him is always going to be there and he'll get no leeway from Celtic fans if they dont continue to win
2/ he could easily wait for a few months and get another PL club with certainty

I dont see this happening.
I think it's a stick on Dave, if they continue to win (Is there any serious opposition?) any ill feeling will soon disappear and as for moving on to the PL from the SPL, any manager is going to do that, it's about time Celtic supporters accepted that.

I think it's a stick on Dave, if they continue to win (Is there any serious opposition?) any ill feeling will soon disappear and as for moving on to the PL from the SPL, any manager is going to do that, it's about time Celtic supporters accepted that.
Watch what happens when / if Beale's Rangers start getting the better of Celtic. The ill feeling that's there will be overwhelming for that fanbase. They call him 'the rat' still as far as I'm aware.

Watch what happens when / if Beale's Rangers start getting the better of Celtic. The ill feeling that's there will be overwhelming for that fanbase. They call him 'the rat' still as far as I'm aware.
Did he not get his house burgled while his wife and daughter were in, and his medals and trophies stolen after he had moved down to Leicester?
He was great for Celtic at the time but couldve gone down as immortal if he'd stuck around until they won 10 (imo it wouldve been a shoe in had he stayed)

Rodgers will make a big show of contrition in that first presser I bet, saying how he regrets how he left

The angle he'll need to work is that he realises now that he should have seen out the season before going. That's always been the sticking point for Celtic fans as far as I can see

They weren't mad he left, just mad at when he left them because it was mid-season and left them in potential disarray

If it's one thing Brendan Rodgers can do well, it's spin a yarn and tell people what they want to hear

He can show up at the presser and say that he feels he has unfinished business and that he wants to give back to the club to make up for how he left the first time

He'll sweet talk them and all will be well

Say what you want about Rodgers (and there's a lot you can say) but he understands how that aspect of the game works and he usually does well at it. It's all about telling them what they want to hear

Rodgers will make a big show of contrition in that first presser I bet, saying how he regrets how he left

The angle he'll need to work is that he realises now that he should have seen out the season before going. That's always been the sticking point for Celtic fans as far as I can see

They weren't mad he left, just mad at when he left them because it was mid-season and left them in potential disarray

If it's one thing Brendan Rodgers can do well, it's spin a yarn and tell people what they want to hear

He can show up at the presser and say that he feels he has unfinished business and that he wants to give back to the club to make up for how he left the first time

He'll sweet talk them and all will be well

Say what you want about Rodgers (and there's a lot you can say) but he understands how that aspect of the game works and he usually does well at it. It's all about telling them what they want to hear
Never go back.

A general rule of thumb that is usually right.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back