• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Scottish football

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 28206
  • Start date Start date
Back?

They just won the equivalent of the Liverpool Business House league cup and they're 5 points behind Celtic in a league they've won once in 12 seasons.
Yeah Rangers are right in the mix for the title, and Celtic seem to be imploding at the seams. It's gonna be an interesting few months alright!

Going to be a vote to ban artificial pitches in the top flight apparently

I hope if that gets passed then clubs will receive support to get their real pitches in

To me, it's kind of bonkers

Scotland is naturally colder and wetter than the rest of Britain, and not every club can afford things like undersoil heating etc

This is just going to lead to more games getting postponed and more fixture pile up if it gets passed

Artificial pitches are a good compromise, as they are affordable and will ensure more matches take place. Yes, I'm sure it's annoying for the Old Firm to have to "slum" it on artificial pitches, but they have considerably more money than the sides that rely on artificial pitches

Perhaps Celtic and Rangers could put their hands in their own pockets to help out with this? (not bloody likely)

Going to be a vote to ban artificial pitches in the top flight apparently

I hope if that gets passed then clubs will receive support to get their real pitches in

To me, it's kind of bonkers

Scotland is naturally colder and wetter than the rest of Britain, and not every club can afford things like undersoil heating etc

This is just going to lead to more games getting postponed and more fixture pile up if it gets passed

Artificial pitches are a good compromise, as they are affordable and will ensure more matches take place. Yes, I'm sure it's annoying for the Old Firm to have to "slum" it on artificial pitches, but they have considerably more money than the sides that rely on artificial pitches

Perhaps Celtic and Rangers could put their hands in their own pockets to help out with this? (not bloody likely)
Remember when Hamilton were in the top flight was certain players Aberdeen couldn't risk on the pitch. I'd expect plenty other teams have had that issue too. Personally, football is played on grass. If there is issues about the affordability of putting in under soil heating etc then that's something the the SFA and / or league should be supporting

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back