• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Scottish football

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 28206
  • Start date Start date
In all my years watching football, and I'm definitely not a young man, I have never seen a meltdown from supporter like TRFC fans since Saturday's game.

Some real bizarre comments coming from supporters a team who hadn't conceded a penalty in a league game for two years. one fan claimed the SFA came out with a fake still of Sima being offside!

A couple have said the reason the SFA told Rangers they would have to wait until Wednesday to hear the audio of the conversation between the official was so they could come in and re-record the audio!

TRFC have told the SFA they don't want Colum to referee any future games involving them.

In all my years watching football, and I'm definitely not a young man, I have never seen a meltdown from supporter like TRFC fans since Saturday's game.

Some real bizarre comments coming from supporters a team who hadn't conceded a penalty in a league game for two years. one fan claimed the SFA came out with a fake still of Sima being offside!

A couple have said the reason the SFA told Rangers they would have to wait until Wednesday to hear the audio of the conversation between the official was so they could come in and re-record the audio!

TRFC have told the SFA they don't want Colum to referee any future games involving them.
Tbh isn't Colum regarded as a crap ref anyway, so this would be a possible net positive for the league?

Also missed the game sadly but as people on here know I prefer Rangers from the Old Firm - even with that said, I love a good meltdown, it's hilarious to watch for something so stupid lol

It does show obvious ineptitude and/or miscommunication with the refs, true, but the "pictures are faked" and all that is hilarious AND there was a statement to boot.

I was at Tynecastle in 2005 when Rangers got awarded the dodgiest penalty in history when a Rangers-supporting, Govan-based linesman, Andy Davis flagged referee, Hugh Dallas for an alleged infringement in the last min of what would’ve been a 1-1 draw.

Something was rotten in the state of Denmark that night!

Is it John Beaton who gave one of the worst old firm refereeing performances ever then was seen in a Rangers bar later on singing loyalist songs?

They were offside anyway weren't they?

I was at Tynecastle in 2005 when Rangers got awarded the dodgiest penalty in history when a Rangers-supporting, Govan-based linesman, Andy Davis flagged referee, Hugh Dallas for an alleged infringement in the last min of what would’ve been a 1-1 draw.

Loads rotten on either side of the Old Firm regarding refs imho, but it's pots and kettles and all that, which makes it funny to watch from the side at least.

The clearest case I can remember of a ref just deciding 'Fleck it. Ra Bears need a goal here'

Tbh isn't Colum regarded as a crap ref anyway, so this would be a possible net positive for the league?

Also missed the game sadly but as people on here know I prefer Rangers from the Old Firm - even with that said, I love a good meltdown, it's hilarious to watch for something so stupid lol

It does show obvious ineptitude and/or miscommunication with the refs, true, but the "pictures are faked" and all that is hilarious AND there was a statement to boot.

He's an absolutel;y abysmal ref, but early in his career the papers up here focussed on how he was the most high profile Catholic referee. This must have put pressure on him.

I hate it when he's in charge of a Celtic game. He awarded Rangers a penalty against Celtic and replays showed he couldn't have seen the incident, so he just totally sh@t it and gave Rangers a penalty for a dive by Kirk Broadfoot.

I always feel he gives Celtic nothing as he's petrified of being labelled a Celtic fan with a whistle.

In my opinion, Rangers know exactly what they're doing here. They don't have to worry about Rangers supporting refs, so they put pressure on referees who are, or who they deem to be, Celtic supporters.

Is it John Beaton who gave one of the worst old firm refereeing performances ever then was seen in a Rangers bar later on singing loyalist songs?

They were offside anyway weren't they?

In fairness to John Beaton, he wasn't caught singing Rangers songs. He just went to a Rangers supporters bar for a drink...

I can only imagine the meltdown from TRFC fans if Willie Colum had gone to The Brazen Head, or any other Celtic fans pub, after Saturdays game.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back