• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Scottish football

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 28206
  • Start date Start date
@Cork Evertonian on here for the first time in ages after they'd won some worthless cup, to tell us how Gers were right in the title race, well that's them back to 8 points behind and requiring snookers again.
The new manager throwing the toys out the pram Klopp style first question into his post match presser, wonder if he'll last as long as the previous incumbent.
Win the two games in hand and they are right back in it mate. I doubt you'd be calling it a worthless cup if the Dons won it either!

Taxes, death and the Dons crapping themselves on the big stage. The three certainties of life right there.:cool:

Win the two games in hand and they are right back in it mate. I doubt you'd be calling it a worthless cup if the Dons won it either!

Taxes, death and the Dons crapping themselves on the big stage. The three certainties of life right there.:cool:
Dandies won last night v the Bully Wee...live on the box...no stage fright.

On a serious note ,such a shame to see Clyde FC homeless and a poor fan base...can't really say support your local with this lot being in Glasgow..

Dandies won last night v the Bully Wee...live on the box...no stage fright.

On a serious note ,such a shame to see Clyde FC homeless and a poor fan base...can't really say support your local with this lot being in Glasgow..
Decent little modern stadium at Broadwood going to waste as well.
Saw the game on in the background at the pub last night, could have been awkward for for the Dandies but they managed to saunter through.

Now managed by ex toffee Gary Naismith, my local team Stenhousemuir have never won a trophy in their history.
They are such a well run, community focused club they thoroughly deserve a season of success.
They have average crowds of about 300 and are run on an absolute shoestring budget.
I hope they can keep their form going and win a promotion, I would rather see the locals going here rather than watching all of the many local buses heading for the old firm.

Fresh start for Neil?
Warnock?
Reports saying or have said he fancies a wee shot up here...Yorkshire folk are typically frugal, he'll fit in
There was talk of him coming up here about 10 years ago as he has or certainly did have a property in Dunoon.
Could he do a job for Aberdeen? Who knows he would certainly liven the place up, I see him as a likeable lunatic but he certainly has the ability to turn a team around in the short term.

There was talk of him coming up here about 10 years ago as he has or certainly did have a property in Dunoon.
Could he do a job for Aberdeen? Who knows he would certainly liven the place up, I see him as a likeable lunatic but he certainly has the ability to turn a team around in the short term.
A likeable lunatic....like most of us ex pats up here....been called worse tbh.
The only worry, Cormacks ego might get dented.

Now managed by ex toffee Gary Naismith, my local team Stenhousemuir have never won a trophy in their history.
They are such a well run, community focused club they thoroughly deserve a season of success.
They have average crowds of about 300 and are run on an absolute shoestring budget.
I hope they can keep their form going and win a promotion, I would rather see the locals going here rather than watching all of the many local buses heading for the old firm.
Did Stenhousemuir not win the Challenge Cup, as it was then, in the mid 90's? Im sure they did

Decent little modern stadium at Broadwood going to waste as well.
Saw the game on in the background at the pub last night, could have been awkward for for the Dandies but they managed to saunter through.
Heard they were trying to sort a new ground at Crownpoint Sports Complex in the east end of Glasgow? Dont know whats happening with that and if theyre still going for it or of its fallen through?

Did Stenhousemuir not win the Challenge Cup, as it was then, in the mid 90's? Im sure they did
You're correct mate 95/96 but since that is even less significant than the Zenith data Cup and carries even less weight than the Stirlingshire cup I didn't really think that would be worthy of any note.
They've won promotion I think twice before but have never been champions of a league, here's hoping they get promoted this season as champions that would be quite something.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back