• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Scottish football

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 28206
  • Start date Start date
I’m gonna make a prediction …

Next season the league winners will be either Celtic or rangers

(Repeat this prediction for next 10 years)

What’s the actual point ?
Think you'll find that in England, Spain, France and Germany that it's the same 2 or 3 teams that are the only real contenders year in and year out so can be similarly predicted...No?

Think you'll find that in England, Spain, France and Germany that it's the same 2 or 3 teams that are the only real contenders year in and year out so can be similarly predicted...No?
Not really no, every year for the past maybe 25 years it’s either Celtic or rangers who win 95% of the titles up there.

You actually have to go back to 1985 to find a different Scottish premier league champion, that’s when Aberdeen last won it.
Don't disagree with your point regarding Scottish footballs predictability, both clubs are hamstrung by a poorly funded league and have outgrown it, ideally they need some sort of European league set up or (the continually mooted) entry into the English league.

BOTH clubs need something to happen if they want to expand and improve in the future (even though due to Rangers problems, Celtic have had a free run over the last 12 years or so,handed basically Champions league money every year which they've hoovered up quite happily, but mainly due to the lack of serious competition in the league they've made absolutely no impact in any European competition in that period!)been mentioned numerous times before and is probably unlikely to happen in the foreseeable but something drastic needs to develop for them as Champions league entry is being made more difficult for winners of the smaller leagues and when that becomes unavailable things are only going to get tougher.

Don't disagree with your point regarding Scottish footballs predictability, both clubs are hamstrung by a poorly funded league and have outgrown it, ideally they need some sort of European league set up or (the continually mooted) entry into the English league.

BOTH clubs need something to happen if they want to expand and improve in the future (even though due to Rangers problems, Celtic have had a free run over the last 12 years or so,handed basically Champions league money every year which they've hoovered up quite happily, but mainly due to the lack of serious competition in the league they've made absolutely no impact in any European competition in that period!)been mentioned numerous times before and is probably unlikely to happen in the foreseeable but something drastic needs to develop for them as Champions league entry is being made more difficult for winners of the smaller leagues and when that becomes unavailable things are only going to get tougher.
It's not just that it's predictable in terms of who will win , the standard is predictably crap.

It's not just that it's predictable in terms of who will win , the standard is predictably crap.
Hence why both clubs need to find a way out of it!! Mind you Rangers were a penalty in a shoot out from winning the Europa league two years ago!

If you couldn’t watch that game on Saturday and be entertained by it then I’m not sure this whole football thing is for you

It had practically everything

Not enough nice triangles though, so I guess it was garbo…
I can’t watch it mikey … it’s like woman’s football for me… obviously they’re very good at their level but it’s just not for me

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back