• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Scottish football

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 28206
  • Start date Start date
10 in a row would be great, but it's unlikely to happen. It doesn't really bother me. If Celtic were guaranteed 12 out of the next 13 titles, but didn't get 10 in a row I would be extremely happy.

I want to win the league every season. While I would love to win the cups as well, the league is everything.

I honestly didn't think Celtic were going to win it this season. I don't think anyone could have predicted James Forrest coming into the team and pulling us out of a hole.
CCV is such a massive player, as is Hatate. It changed everything having them come back.

But without CCV in defence especially, the Celtic back line were run ragged and pulled out of position on the regular. Really bad stuff and a hard watch post winter break.

Another season done and I am happy with the 3rd place finish (complete with European group stage football £££).

A decent season over all although a couple of poor performances at Hampden were a disappointment. Naismith though, has exceeded expectations especially after a poor start to the campaign.

Recruitment is the key this summer. We’ve already bought Spittal (Motherwell), Dhanda (Ross County) and Penrice (Livingston). We need at least another three to four.

And finally a shout out to Lawrence Shankland, 32 goals this season, 28 last season, and swept the Player of the Year awards across the board. I’d sell my granny on the black market for him to sign a new contract.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk...hearts-to-see-ict-move-training-to-fi-351588/

Inverness moving first team training to Fife!

Manager and team will be based at Kelty Hearts during the week. Main points being the ability to attract better players based in central belt that don't want to relocate family / kids for a 1 - 2 year contract. Sure there will be some negative opinion to it amongst the support but actually makes quite a bit of sense. Also highlighted issues with cost and demand for housing stock up here which is a problem.

I went to watch a game in November and David Wotherspoon was head and shoulders the best player in the team. He was on a short term deal and went to Dundee Utd as closer to family etc. Utd were flying which would have been a draw but he may well have stayed put if he wasn't having to commute between family in Perth and Inverness during the week.

Interesting to see how it works and whether a team like Ross County make moves in that direction. Both are loss making so a shared training hub around Perth, for example, might be a more sustainable model in the future.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk...hearts-to-see-ict-move-training-to-fi-351588/

Inverness moving first team training to Fife!

Manager and team will be based at Kelty Hearts during the week. Main points being the ability to attract better players based in central belt that don't want to relocate family / kids for a 1 - 2 year contract. Sure there will be some negative opinion to it amongst the support but actually makes quite a bit of sense. Also highlighted issues with cost and demand for housing stock up here which is a problem.

I went to watch a game in November and David Wotherspoon was head and shoulders the best player in the team. He was on a short term deal and went to Dundee Utd as closer to family etc. Utd were flying which would have been a draw but he may well have stayed put if he wasn't having to commute between family in Perth and Inverness during the week.

Interesting to see how it works and whether a team like Ross County make moves in that direction. Both are loss making so a shared training hub around Perth, for example, might be a more sustainable model in the future.
Their fans don't appear happy about it but if you step back the reasoning from the club officials seem reasonable, I noted an absence of a quote from big Dunc, is that telling perhaps?

Their fans don't appear happy about it but if you step back the reasoning from the club officials seem reasonable, I noted an absence of a quote from big Dunc, is that telling perhaps?
The fans are generally unhappy about everything at the club at the moment from what I've seen. Anything they say will get a negative reaction but the existing business model hasn't been working since they were related from the top tier so something has to give.

Find it strange there has been no verdict on Dunc almost a week after the game. Had a thought that maybe he'd offer to take a reduced salary due to being able to set himself up in the central belt. Perhaps not but must be a reason why they haven't made a decision yet.

The CEO was his big champion and that's who the fans want out so might be that their fates become linked.

Sons of Struth v Brother Walfrid's bhoys.

Let battle commence and the best team win.

Chance for rangers to exact some revenge, I suppose - although they're probably too tripe to take it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back