2023/24 Seamus Coleman

Anyone on here buying the Seamus Coleman top?

SC.jpg

Fair shout - he offers no contribution and was given a contract on an emotional basis.

As you say, sentimentality will be the bane of this club, jobs for the boys and all.

As the season has panned out, It looks like a bad call. But the season hasn't finished yet. If he managers to come back and play the last 5-8 games, helps secure our safety, then it would've been worth it. There is no doubting, Coleman even at his age, is our best full back.

We should get rid of Young this summer.
Who the hell is going to sign him he is on a 2.5 wages contract - we were the only club interested in him it's not a free when we pay wages for 2 years like that - pathetic administration again ..... the only hop is the far east, but don't count on it .....

Who the hell is going to sign him he is on a 2.5 wages contract - we were the only club interested in him it's not a free when we pay wages for 2 years like that - pathetic administration again ..... the only hop is the far east, but don't count on it .....

If Dyche is still the manager and Coleman hangs up his boots, it`s nailed on that Young will get another year.

Dyche has an incredible blind spot for Young.

As the season has panned out, It looks like a bad call. But the season hasn't finished yet. If he managers to come back and play the last 5-8 games, helps secure our safety, then it would've been worth it. There is no doubting, Coleman even at his age, is our best full back.
Would've been better if we could then rely on our alleged (because he literally isn't unless you're using emotions and not anything substantial) best right back all season to be worth it.

We should've been safe already also but that's not on Coleman.

Would've been better if we could then rely on our alleged (because he literally isn't unless you're using emotions and not anything substantial) best right back all season to be worth it.

We should've been safe already also but that's not on Coleman.
You don't think Coleman is our best full back? Obviously, if he's not available then that's pointless, but that's hindsight.

I know it's not on Coleman but we'd just had two back to back relegation fights. The management team would have been expecting a tough season. You look around at our current squad and Coleman is arguably the only player, you'd want in a battle. I can understand 100% why we decided to keep Coleman on, when we made that decision.

You don't think Coleman is our best full back? Obviously, if he's not available then that's pointless, but that's hindsight.

I know it's not on Coleman but we'd just had two back to back relegation fights. The management team would have been expecting a tough season. You look around at our current squad and Coleman is arguably the only player, you'd want in a battle. I can understand 100% why we decided to keep Coleman on, when we made that decision.
I in fact do not think he is at all.

Sentimentality like this is also at fault for our crap situation.

I in fact do not think he is at all.

Sentimentality like this is also at fault for our crap situation.
Out if interest, who do you think is our best full back?

The reason for our crap situation is terrible recruitment.

I wouldn't be extending again but I can see why we did last summer.

Out if interest, who do you think is our best full back?

The reason for our crap situation is terrible recruitment.

I wouldn't be extending again but I can see why we did last summer.
Statistics or per game or per minute? All of those, as much as some people hate to see, is Patterson.

Coleman will be back in the team and we'll play with an even more toothless right hand side as he'll have Harrison playing second right back so we don't get bothered too much down his side, like on any game Coleman plays in nowadays.

Statistics or per game or per minute? All of those, as much as some people hate to see, is Patterson.

Coleman will be back in the team and we'll play with an even more toothless right hand side as he'll have Harrison playing second right back so we don't get bothered too much down his side, like on any game Coleman plays in nowadays.
If you think Nathan Patterson is better than Coleman, we'll have to just agree to disagree and move on.

Yeah, clearly me and all the metrics are wrong and the emotionally-driven opinion backed by the fact he's way past if and has been for a few years but is a top blue are right.
You rate Patterson more, I don't. I wish I did as I'm sure that was the plan when we signed him, that he'd take over from Coleman. Another terrible signing unfortunately IMO.

You rate Patterson more, I don't. I wish I did as I'm sure that was the plan when we signed him, that he'd take over from Coleman. Another terrible signing unfortunately IMO.
Just like Mykolenko was last year when everyone slagged him off for being young.

Or how Young, Coleman or Godfrey can get ran past and it's "just a winger having a good day", but if Patterson loses someone for 3 seconds he's the worst thing to happen in the history of the club lol

But sure, terrible.