2023/24 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
….clearly a huge influence on and off the pitch, we’ll need to scrap next season and it’s better that he’s involved. It sounds like a playing contract, so I imagine it’s on the same terms which is understandable.
It's really not understandable at all. If you contribute less on the pitch then you shouldn't expect parity of terms. If he'd been offered a coaching role I would completely understand but I don't understand a playing contract at all, and certainly not on the same terms. I would hope there was a substantial pay cut.

It's really not understandable at all. If you contribute less on the pitch then you shouldn't expect parity of terms. If he'd been offered a coaching role I would completely understand but I don't understand a playing contract at all, and certainly not on the same terms. I would hope there was a substantial pay cut.
You'd hope for a wage reduction given the amount of games he was available for. Maybe that's why it has taken a few weeks to get over the line.

Seamus has been a wonderful servant of the club but age and injuries catch up with every player.

For those reasons he isn't the player that he once was and cannot be expected to play in as many games.

Therefore that should be reflected in a reduction in his salary.

I'm sorry but Everton FC isn't a charity.

If we had a capable starting RB, giving him a contract isn't much of an issue to me. All the light grief he's getting in here is because others have failed to replace him.

…if he got offered a coaching role, I’d actually expect his salary to drop significantly.

We need another RB in the club. Coleman and Young cant be relied on to be fit for a season - even between them.

Personally - if we cant buy anyone - Ild like to see Garner switched back there. He's never consistent enough to affect matters in CM anyway.

That or maybe the lad out on loan last season Stanley Mills gets a try out there in pre-season games as he did last pre-season as a RWB. Let's hand him a start or two at RB and see how he copes. I was impressed by him last summer and he should never have been loaned out.

We need another RB in the club. Coleman and Young cant be relied on to be fit for a season - even between them.

Personally - if we cant buy anyone - Ild like to see Garner switched back there. He's never consistent enough to affect matters in CM anyway.

That or maybe the lad out on loan last season Stanley Mills gets a try out there in pre-season games as he did last pre-season as a RWB. Let's hand him a start or two at RB and see how he copes. I was impressed by him last summer and he should never have been loaned out.
We have Patto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back